Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] go2wpforo-bbpress | Fatal error: Uncaught phpmailerException

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter

I am trying to migrate from BBPress to WPFORO. When running the go2wpforo plugin getting error:

Fatal error: Uncaught phpmailerException: Invalid address: (setFrom) in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\class-phpmailer.php:1023 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-includes\pluggable.php(352): PHPMailer->setFrom('', 'Oliver Travel T...', false) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-content\plugins\wpforo\wpf-includes\wpf-hooks.php(1322): wp_mail('', 'New Topic', 'Hello !<br>\r\n N...', Array) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(298): wpforo_forum_subscribers_mail_sender(Array) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-includes\plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-content\plugins\wpforo\wpf-includes\class-topics.php(141): do_action('wpforo_after_ad...', Array) #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-content\plugins\go2wpforo\migrate2wpforo.php(256): wpForoTopic->add(Array) #7 C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-content\plugins\go2wpforo\includes\fun in C:\xampp\htdocs\olivertt-www\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php on line 1023

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

I have tried to run this on PHP 7.1, 7.0 and 5.6 with all the same problem. WP Version 4.7.3.

2 Answers
Topic starter

Can't edit topics here? 

Correction:
in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php on line 1023

Something is wrong or missing in your local xampp configuration. Problem comes from phpmailer methods. I'm sorry but it's very specific problem and I recommend to install and migrate on a live hosting services with regular configuration. We don't support local server issues. make sure wpForo is active before activating Go2wpForo plugin.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.