[Closed] Order of translation

17 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
11.6 K Views
Topic starter
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

So, we have the language files and the Front-end Phrases.

My question is - which one take priority?
I'm asking because I'm waiting for @Gal new translation to Hebrew.
Meanwhile I'm using the front-end phrases editor to translate some words that weren't translated and I'm wondering which translated word will be display after the updates to the files, the translated one from the file or my translated word in the front-end?

Thank you 

16 Replies
(@tagene)

Translate with build-in option or with Loco, once gvector releases new wpForo - go with your ftp client to /wp-content/plugins/wpf-language/ and download your translation.

Update the forum to the latest, and re-upload your files - with Loco you will see the new strings if any are added.

Topic starter
(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

Thank you Stefan Ilivanov,

That was not my question and I have no intention to use any unnecessary and/or additional plugins for translation. I'll stay and wait to a main-stream, core update of wpForo.  Also, no intention to use ftp or whats so ever. 

My question was simply what is the translation order of priority.
Appreciate you effort to help. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

First wpForo checks the phrase in wpForo Phrase System. If it doesn't find translation then checks in po/mo language files. So you can use wpForo Phrase system for translation or in case if some phrase is missing in po/mo you can always add it in wpForo Phrase System and do a quick translation.

(@tagene)

But I'm wondering something else....

If there is a translation partially done (45%) with Loco or PO Edit, and someone started translation on translate.wordpress.somewhere for version 1.1.5 (current in this example) and the new version should be (let say 1.2.0), which one of the translations will remain on my domain after the update - those done by the owner of the domain or those taken from translate.wordpress ?

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 / 4