[Closed] Please add PeepSo integration

25 Posts
7 Users
12 Likes
10.5 K Views
Frizzy
Topic starter
(@frizzy)

I would love to see a PeepSo integration plugin so we could have the best of both worlds.  Forums and Social style interaction.  Probably best that the integration allow PeepSo profile to take over but show all the profile info from WPForo on it as well.  That way we get the nice cover photo profile pic profile of Peepso and have it show the WPForo stuff.  Also could show New Forum Threads, replies, etc on PeepSo's activity stream, allow private messages to go through PeepSo's messaging system etc.

I have contacted them about it as well so hoping you guys can work together to make it happen.

24 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Frizzy,

we've already got a request for this plugin integration. I'm really sorry, but our to-do list is very busy, we'll take a look on this next month.

(@sonofzell)

I ditched WPforo on one of my projects in favor of PeepSo, and I've been regretting it ever since.  The bells & whistles are nice, but the plugin has been problematic and buggy from day one - a constant, painful reminder of the fact that WPforo was a rock-solid solution that I should not have replaced lol.

That being said, I would also be very interested in seeing what kind of integration is possible with these two plugins complimenting each other.  The thought of WPf's performance and stability combined with PS's features and polish brings endless possibilities to mind!

Frizzy
Topic starter
(@frizzy)

Yes having these two integrated would be amazing.  Things I would like to see are the following:

- Integrate WP-Foro profile page info into the users PeepSo profile page.

- Have new thread and replies posted to Peepso activity feed.

- Allow users to comment on a Peepso activity feed for a post and have it sync to the forums thread as a reply there as well so users can comment anywhere and have it all synced up. (This is the game changer as the problem with Social vs Forums is users don't know what to post where but allowing them to reply on the peepso side would be awesome.

- Add Forums Activity Tab to users Peepso profile showing all the users posts.

- Integrate with PeepSo's notifications system

- Integrate with PeepSo Chat for private messaging.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

PeepSo comes after BuddyPress and UM integration. We're planning to work on this next month.

Page 1 / 4