wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Add Social Login?

8 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@ewscos)
Trusted Member

Hi,

I was wondering how to add social media login to the registration form, is there a plug in for WordPress that works with this forum?  There seems to be several out there, but which one to try first?  Would like facebook, twitter, and google+ capability...

Many thanks for your help.  

7 Replies
Topic starter
(@ewscos)
Trusted Member

I found the information about the hooks used by WordPress and also found a simple plug-in to allow for social media login via fb and twitter.  Sorry, I should have researched this question more fully.

(@deanoaus)
Eminent Member

Heya - which one did you end up using? I am using OneAll's Social Login and it is causing me a bit of trouble - not so much with wp-foro, but just in general. Seems overly complex and I'm getting a lot of bounce back emails when guests register.

Topic starter
(@ewscos)
Trusted Member
Posted by: DeanoAus

Heya - which one did you end up using? I am using OneAll's Social Login and it is causing me a bit of trouble - not so much with wp-foro, but just in general. Seems overly complex and I'm getting a lot of bounce back emails when guests register.

Hi, I used AccessPress Social Login Lite, free from the plugin depositary.  It was pretty simple to configure, but I'm having trouble with Google+, though I'm pleased with the result of facebook and twitter.

Hope this helps.  Regards.  

Topic starter
(@ewscos)
Trusted Member

I am using OneAll's Social login on another site, and it's working fine, except that the Register page does not contain the icons.  I asked about this in their forums but didn't receive an answer.  Maybe someone here knows this issue.  For now, clicking on the login screen gives the icons, so we just push the login screen in our message at the top of the page about logging in...the site in question is at  http://www.summitmasters.net/enter/community/  

Any suggestions for improvement are much appreciated.  I tested each icon and they all work.  

1 Reply
(@novachild)

Hey, just wanted you to know I had this same problem and I eventually solved it by going to Settings->General and clicking "Anyone can register" within Wordpress. 

Page 1 / 2