wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Couple of minor Issues with Styling

7 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@ewscos)
Trusted Member

Hello,

I just installed Wp Foro on another site, and having an issue with a couple of styles.  

First, I styled the #wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-title to change it's color, but I have an issue with the padding.  You can see on my page at http://www.summitmasters.net/enter/community/main-forum/welcome/#post-1  That the Title is being displayed above the blue bar rather than inside the blue bar.  I believe it is a padding issue or margin set, and I've played with it but haven't fixed my problem.

The second issue I have is with the Online status widget, it makes the profile avatar all scrunched up rather than round.  This is also viewable on the individual profile page at  http://www.summitmasters.net/enter/community/profile/ed/   however the member's listing is correct in displaying the avatars as round circles.  

Of course, any help or suggestions are appreciated!

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but the design of this forum is simply crashed. Please uninstall/install wpForo and remove all your custom CSS, this looks not good and I'm really sorry I can't help you to fix this kind of issues, we don't provide CSS customization support. We only help to fix default style problems.

Topic starter
(@ewscos)
Trusted Member

I'm not sure what you mean by crashed, could you elaborate?  It seems to be loading fine for me except for the two issues, which are minor...I didn't realize the support doesn't include css issues.  My bad. Sorry to have bothered you, perhaps one of the visitors here will know.  Your forum is easy to customize with the help of firebug and the Additional CSS function of wordpress lets you see the changes immediately.

Topic starter
(@ewscos)
Trusted Member

Well I figured out, in case anyone is wondering, both issues have been solved now.  The avatar system didn't like my wordpress avatar it seems, but I fixed the issue by uploading a new avatar and the image was round again.

The issue of the title being above the bar was solved with a custom css snippet regarding the padding.  It makes the title bar a bit bigger, but that is acceptable to me.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Now it looks a bit better, the icons also were crashed.

1. I don't recommend use so many colors (just a recommendation)

2. Don't use so bright colors (just a recommendation)

3. Use this CSS code to fix title issues (delete cache and do Ctrl+F5 on forum page):

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap h1, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap h2{float:none;}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-title {padding: 0px!important;}
Page 1 / 2