Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Email confirmation.

14 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@kichako)

Hello people wpForo.

I have a question.

I'll leave some sample images so they know what I want.

Is there any way for new users who register on my forum have to confirm your account by email?

Really I would like to know how I can do it.

I hope I can help and thank you very much for your time.

13 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi kichako

User registration is being processed through default WordPress registration system. If you already have a registration approval function in WP then it'll work for wpForo. If you don't have such function please search for Registration activation plugins, they should work for wpForo too. These are two good examples:

1. https://wordpress.org/plugins/new-user-approve/
  2. https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-approve-user/
Topic starter
(@kichako)

Thank you very much 😀

(@samhunter)
Reputable Member

I'm not looking to manually approve users that register, I want them to have to click on a link in an email sent to their email address to complete the registration. At the moment when they sign up via the forums they don't have to verify their email address. Although if they sign up to be a user of the wordpress back end they do have to verify email address.

Can you clarify how to make this work consistently?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

We're currently working on this. We'll turn on WordPress registration with  email confirmation option for wpForo. This will be available in 1.0.3 or 1.0.4. I Can't say the exact release yet.

1 Reply
(@caldoverde)

We're currently working on this. We'll turn on WordPress registration with  email confirmation option for wpForo. This will be available in 1.0.3 or 1.0.4. I Can't say the exact release yet.

We're now on version 1.2.0. Has email confirmation been implemented yet? I am getting a substantial number of spam registrations daily and email verification would probably deal with most of them.

If it has been implemented, can you tell me how to make it work?

Page 1 / 3