wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum performance

33 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@jdiaz)
Eminent Member

Hi Guys,

I'm importing from bbpress around 40k posts, and the system gets super slow.

Is there a limit for wpforo?

I tried it 10 times (with clean installs) and the result is always the same, I need to import 700k posts from a bbpress forum.

Thanks

32 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Ok, I see the table indexes were not reset or those have not even been set during migration process. wpForo is designed and tested for 5-10M posts. The 700k should work without any issue. Please contact us via support[at]gvectors.com email address. We'll need database access to check and fix this issue.

Also please let me know your hosing service type and parameters.

Topic starter
(@jdiaz)
Eminent Member

Thank you Robert,

Unfortunately I was not allowed to provide access to our project/server. I debugged the wpforo's theme and looks like the issue is in theme_name/wpforo/layouts/1/forum.php line 31.

$topics = $wpforo->topic->get_topics( array("forumids" => $data, "orderby" => "type, modified", "order" => "DESC", "row_count" => $wpforo->forum_options['layout_extended_intro_topics_count'] ) )

I have 80 forums showing in the home, and it executes that query each.

It's taking less than a second per forum to return the latest topics, but all combined takes 15-18 seconds to finish loading.

Any advice to fix this would be great.

Thanks.

Update: Looks like using the simplified view helps a lot reducing 15 seconds of load time. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please change the forum layouts to Simplified. The Extended layout gets 10 time more info to display latest topics. If you have many forums we don't recommend use the extended layout, it doesn't matter how many posts you have. You should only change forum layouts for the Categories, you don't need to change forums, they'll inherits it from categories.

(@souza)

I have the same problem. I converted from smf to bbpress and later from bbpress to wpforo and my forum is slow! I have 184 Forums, 15.4K Topics, 283.4K Posts. The other issue I'm having is that buttons (delete, edit etc.) aren't working or at least it seems like it's not working. It does the job (except for deleting) but you get no confirmation. And the TinyMCE Editor is not showing either. Is there anyone who can help me out?

Page 1 / 6