Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum performance

33 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@souza)

Another thing, the shortcodeย [wpforo item=โ€forumโ€ id=โ€2โ€ณ] is not working right.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

There are a few things that can speed your WP and wpForo plugin.

The first is to switch to PHP 7, if you you haven't done that already. Big difference in speed and in memory usage.

The second is to use a caching plugin. Page or whatever your plan allows. Right now wpForo doesn't actually work together with ANY caching plugin and you have to exclude the page, but that will change in the future (i hope gVectors Team will work on this). Forum posts/topics in their nature are getting old and not updated often and so they will benefit from page caching a lot. Also people that are on a LiteSpeed web server should check Litespeed cache plugin for WP.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: Souza

I have the same problem. I converted from smf to bbpress and later from bbpress to wpforo and my forum is slow! I haveย 184 Forums, 15.4K Topics, 283.4K Posts. The other issue I'm having is that buttons (delete, edit etc.) aren't working or at least it seems like it's not working. It does the job (except for deleting) but you get no confirmation. And theย TinyMCE Editor is not showing either. Is there anyone who can help me out?

We'd need admin access to be able check the issue. wpForo should not be slow even with 1m or more forums. We're testing and designing wpForo for large forums. Please send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address. I think something is not correctly migrated to wpForo database. This is a migration issue.

(@souza)
Posted by: Robert

ย 

Posted by: Souza

I have the same problem. I converted from smf to bbpress and later from bbpress to wpforo and my forum is slow! I haveย 184 Forums, 15.4K Topics, 283.4K Posts. The other issue I'm having is that buttons (delete, edit etc.) aren't working or at least it seems like it's not working. It does the job (except for deleting) but you get no confirmation. And theย TinyMCE Editor is not showing either. Is there anyone who can help me out?

We'd need admin access to be able check the issue. wpForo should not be slow even with 1m or more forums. We're testing and designing wpForo for large forums. Please send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address. I think something is not correctly migrated to wpForo database. This is a migration issue.

ย  ย 

I sent you the log in details per e-mail.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Sorry for the OT but just got this notification about this Topic (here, this one we are in now):

"Please Moderate: New Reply" & "This post is currently unapproved. You can approve posts in Dashboard ยป Forums ยป Moderation admin page."

Also visiting the link to the above reply from "Souza" i see:

Awaiting moderation but i can see the post.

And of cource i'm not a moderator in this Forum ๐Ÿ™‚

Page 2 / 6