wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Members Edit / Delete do not show

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Hello.

I was asked at Wordpress.org to make an account and ask here for more details.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/members-and-editingdeleting-their-own-topicsposts/#post-8929409

So, a new user can post but can't edit or delete his topic or answer. The options are NOT available to him. He only sees:  Reply Quote Like Solved Private Report.

I read in a previous answer here, to  a user with the very same problem, that it is because of moderation and spam probability. But how can a topic is to the mod queue and be visible to everybody and available to the OP to reply, quote, Solved, Report ?

And to be proactive, there is nothing wrong to my WP site, i'm a professional Webmaster running 12 WP installations.

Thanks

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

But how can a topic is to the mod queue and be visible to everybody and available to the OP to reply, quote, Solved, Report ?

Are you sure it visible for everybod? It's only visible for Admins, Moderators and of the user who created it. Please create a new topic, make it unapproved, delete all caches and logout. Then test it on other browsers as guest and as a simple registered user.You should not be able to see that.

Topic starter
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Ok, i found what the problem is.

It is in the Tools / Spam settings. While i had spam control to OFF, the

User is New (under hard spam control) during 5 posts

was enabled. Now if i set this to 1 post or zero, everything works just fine.

So the question is WHY when the default (5) post was set, the posts were NOT in moderation queue as they should, and also why edit/delete was not available ?

Also if spam control is OFF, it should mean OFF. Totally. The above "hard spam control" also should be off.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please follow to this topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/moderation-for-new-users-hard-spam-control-with-5-posts-limit/#post-8128