Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] wpForo Beta-4 is released!

38 Posts
10 Users
6 Likes
20.4 K Views
(@shooshik)

any news on beta 5 version. I can't wait to open my forum for ppl!

Posted : 15/07/2016 8:10 pm
OMTesla
(@omtesla)

Posted by: Shooshik

any news on beta 5 version. I can't wait to open my forum for ppl!

Hello

You can start using Beta 4 on live site as i did even without attachments after migration from bbpress,i think the more people use and report problems the faster will appear newer version of this great plugin. 

Posted : 15/07/2016 10:24 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Thank you iTesla,

the Beta-5 will be available by end of this week. And probably,  we'll release the stabil version by end of this month.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 16/07/2016 4:44 am
Teratoma
(@teratoma)
Eminent Member

I do think that making bbcode available as an option is a good idea. Consider all of the existing sites with many users currently using other forums - they will be less likely to migrate without this feature.

Which brings me to the question - what happens to existing bbcode when using the go2wpforo plugin? I migrated from bbPress but no one had used any bbcode so I'm wondering. Does it convert to HTML?

NON LUDUS EXITI

Posted : 20/07/2016 3:41 pm
OMTesla
(@omtesla)

I also looking what to do with remaining codes in reply maybe to covert to wpForo somehow so it looks proper quoted.

Posted : 20/07/2016 4:13 pm
Teratoma reacted
Teratoma
(@teratoma)
Eminent Member

Your screenshot answered my question. Apparently bbCode support is most often provided by a third-party plugin. I'm confident a new or existing bbcode plugin will include wpForo support before you know it. Then all migrations will be seamless.

NON LUDUS EXITI

Posted : 20/07/2016 6:11 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Have you used some plugin for quotation? Which plugins is that?

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 21/07/2016 6:41 am
OMTesla
(@omtesla)

Posted by: Robert

Have you used some plugin for quotation? Which plugins is that?

Yes it was GD bbPress Tools and they made the other plugin GD bbPress Attachments i used both on my site.

Posted : 21/07/2016 12:17 pm
Page 3 / 3