Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

We just released wpForo Beta-5

We've added two CAN options in Usergroup permissions:

• Front - Can view members
  • Front - Can view profiles

Once you've updated to wpForo Beta-5 navigate to Forums > Usergroups, edit e.g. "Registered" usergroup and make sure these two CANs are enabled. If you don't want display members and member profiles for guests, just edit "Guest" usergroup and disable these two CANs.

Changelog:

• Added: Added new and missing phrases in POT and Phrase list
  • Added: X ago problem, added "%s ago" phrase, can be change to "ago %s"
  • Added: Topic icons for Simplified and QA layouts.
  • Added: Solved icon for Q&A layout topics.
  • Added: Topic icon description in footer bar
  • Added: Option to use WordPress Date/Time formats (in Features tab)
  • Added: New CANs in Usergroup Permissions (can view members | profiles)
  • Added: Recent Topics Widget - Reloaded
  • Added: Russian and Mexican Spanish translations update.
  • Added: wpForo Debug Mode, output is hidden, for fast support.
  • Added: Top "Screen Options" on forum edit page, adds Forum Slug option.
  • Fixed Bug: Forums don't show up on SSL / HTTPS websites
  • Fixed Bug: Forums don't show up on websites w/o trailing slashes "/"
  • Fixed Bug: Plugin update system, updating new options
  • Fixed Bug: Slashes with apostrophes on "About Me" and Signatures
  • Fixed Bug: Long phrase issue on Forums admin page, icons instead of phrases
  • Fixed Bug: CSS issues, conflicts with some themes
  • Fixed Bug: Can't update Font Size and Color options (11px for all items)

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 23/07/2016 7:46 pm
N3k0, sam, Teratoma and 2 people reacted
(@thefostersfr)

Thanks so much ! But .. all subjects & messages have disappeared in "présentation des membres" and the title in this section is "main forum" it's not the same as the title url "présentation des membres" ... o*g ^^ http://thefosters.fr/forum/

Posted : 23/07/2016 9:43 pm
OMTesla
(@omtesla)

Hello

I have updated but not see how to mark some topic Solved,currently i use extended layout.

Posted : 23/07/2016 11:14 pm
(@artista)

Thank you for the update!

I'm a bit of a novice, but in the changelog for Beta-5 you state that we should delete all caches after updating. Is that prompt for this specific plugin and where exactly can I do that?

Posted : 24/07/2016 3:16 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: TheFostersFr

Thanks so much ! But .. all subjects & messages have disappeared in "présentation des membres" and the title in this section is "main forum" it's not the same as the title url "présentation des membres" ... o*g ^^ http://thefosters.fr/forum/   

The "Main Forum" is a demo forum which is being created on installation process, please do not use it for forums. I see you've renamed that forum but the slug was the same main-forum. We can fix this issue if you send admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Posted : 24/07/2016 4:07 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: iTesla

Hello

I have updated but not see how to mark some topic Solved,currently i use extended layout.

As it mentioned in changelog it's only available for Q&A layout yet. The topic becomes solved once some answer is marked as correct answer:

Posted : 24/07/2016 4:14 am
OMTesla reacted
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: Artista

Thank you for the update!

I'm a bit of a novice, but in the changelog for Beta-5 you state that we should delete all caches after updating. Is that prompt for this specific plugin and where exactly can I do that?

Please ignore this if you don't have cache plugins. This refers to WordPress cache plugins.

Posted : 24/07/2016 4:16 am
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: TheFostersFr

Ok, here is a simple solution for this, navigate to Forums > Forums, click on edit icon of "présentation des membres" forum, then open top "Screen Options" bar and enable Forum Slug. The scroll down and find Forum Slug admin-box and change it to something elese, it should not be main-forum.

Posted : 24/07/2016 8:52 am
Glados
(@glados)
Eminent Member

Hey,

Nice update,

1) Phrase: Closed, can't be translated via po file or phrase in dashboard.

2) New Icons - Can i replace this icons? Some icons looks ugly for me 😀

Thanks.

Posted : 24/07/2016 9:34 am
(@wessam)

Hello ,

I'd like ask to know if we can send mail to Post writer when anyone leaves reply I can find Settings >> Emails >> Post Reporting Emails but what else

Posted : 24/07/2016 1:20 pm
(@j753k)
Trusted Member

After the update one of my biggest threads dissappeared- the introductions topic!! It says there are posts but when you click it reads this "No forums were found here" - http://pokemongogetters.com/forum/

What is causing this?

Posted : 24/07/2016 4:11 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: j753k

After the update one of my biggest threads dissappeared- the introductions topic!! It says there are posts but when you click it reads this "No forums were found here" - http://pokemongogetters.com/forum/

What is causing this?

Navigate to Forums > Forums, click on edit icon of "Introductions" forum, then open top "Screen Options" bar and enable Forum Slug. The scroll down and find Forum Slug admin-box and change it to something else, it should not be main-forum.

Posted : 24/07/2016 4:37 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: wessam

Hello ,

I'd like ask to know if we can send mail to Post writer when anyone leaves reply I can find Settings >> Emails >> Post Reporting Emails but what else

Users should sibscribe to forum or topic to get emails. You can't subscribe them, they should do that themselves. There Subscribe links on top of each forum and topic.

Posted : 24/07/2016 4:39 pm
Robert
(@robert)
Support Team Admin
Topic starter

1) Phrase: Closed, can't be translated via po file or phrase in dashboard.

Ok, we'll add it, thanks for letting us know.

2) New Icons - Can i replace this icons? Some icons looks ugly for me 😀

Not yet, but this is already in our to-do list.

Posted : 24/07/2016 5:19 pm
(@j753k)
Trusted Member

How do you enter custom titles under users names? Like for Robert it says Support..

Posted : 25/07/2016 3:48 pm
Page 1 / 3