Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] From MyBB to wpForo

9 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter

I tried to import database (MyBB 1.8.x) with bbPress 2.5.14, unfortunately migration stops because it takes many hours (1900 topics/45000 post/2600 users), final result is very bad.

To pay hundreds of dollars for migration service is not possible for small website, so I'm stuck and I can't migrate to wpforo.

Is there anyone who has successfully migrate from mybb to wpforo?

Thanks

Β 
9 Answers

Hi Tropico,

Currently we're working on Go2wpForo tool. At the moment we're adding phpBB and MyBB to wpForo migration tools. I think it'll be available in a few weeks.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Topic starter

This is great news, so I will wait for new release 😍Β 

Thanks Robert!

Β 
Posted by: Robert

Hi Tropico,

Currently we're working on Go2wpForo tool. At the moment we're adding phpBB and MyBB to wpForo migration tools. I think it'll be available in a few weeks.

Wow, fantastic I can see a serious migration to wpforoΒ  😀Β 

Posted by: caygri

Hello,Β 

i'm really need this migration...any update on that? Also, how can convert?Β 

Hi caygri,

We've started working on MyBB to wpForo migration too. The 50% of work is already done. There are some challenges with attachments, avatars and bbCode. It may take another 1-2 weeks. We'll do our best to finish this tool as soon as possible.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Topic starter

Any progress yet?

We're currently working on this. Please wait for a few more days. It comes very soon.

Topic starter

Thanks...

Hi @tropico

We just released Go2wpForo Migration Tool 2.0.0 version. It already supports MyBB to wpForo migration: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/migrate-to-wpforo/

Topic starter

Great!

Thanks Robert 🙂Β