Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] When people register to my wpforo forum they don't get an e-mail

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@reduceemf)

Dear Wpforo,

I am getting e-mail notifications when people register to my forum which I installed on my wordpress divi site, but they are not getting an e-mail.

Can I ask why this is so?

I get an e-mail with "New user registration on your site 5G Awareness:" and then their username and e-mail to my address.

11 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Email is handled by Wordpress core. wpForo only provides a "form" for logjn/register. Nothing else.

And people do not register to the Forum but to your Wordpress site. And you get an email as admin and that is normal.

1 Reply
(@reduceemf)

@anonymous20

but there is a template in wpforo on my site when I go to forum>settings>email there is an automated email template for subscribers when they subscribe which sends them a confirmation link to set their password. How do I activate it so that this goes out to them?

Surely I don't have to manually e-mail them myself each time right?

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Yes there are templates but wpForo (and most plugins) queue the emails to Wordpress core functions. Outgoing email (smtp) is handled by Wordpress script.

Since YOU get the emails means that email is working. Now why they do not get the emails ?

Do a simple test. Make a normal user account for youself and post a test topic. Does it work for you ? Or not ?

If not, then you need to install a 3rd party smtp plugin with extended logs and check for errors.

Topic starter
(@reduceemf)

I can post as admin and I can also post as a user. But to enable the user to get a password, I must manually go to members, then settings and then manually generate a password and email it to them. I tried this on myself, by creating an extra profile which is not admin and having not received the email i had to use my admin account to generate the password to my user email address. How can I create an automated email being sent out so that I don't have to manually e-mail them the password each time someone registers?

I also tried going to "forgot password" section after failed login and it won't mail out the password to the user. Nothing received to my admin account either.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Are you using any "membership" plugin or something related ?

If not, then install some smtp 3rd party plugin with extended logs. They record the whole "transactions" and you will see if the emails are sent or not and why not.

Page 1 / 3