wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to replicate wpforo layout

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@galos)
Trusted Member

Hello,

As mentioned in other posts, I really like the formatting of this forum, kudos to the designer. However, the basic formatting out of the box doesn't match what this site shows, so I'm trying to make some minor adjustments to clean it up a bit. I've attached an image to explain in more detail what I'm looking to replicate. Could someone advise me on how to add the code to change it?

First, I like that the user (avatar) icon is next to the recent topics. How can I enable this? Mine does not show the avatar.

Second, I like that My Profile is in the top right with the alert button next to it and action buttons below. How could I simulate this as well? My image gives a bit more description.

Thanks in advance!

Topic Tags
8 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

HI @galos

First, I like that the user (avatar) icon is next to the recent topics. How can I enable this? Mine does not show the avatar.

Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets > wpForo Sidebar, open wpForo Recent Topics widget and Enable "Display with Avatars" checkbox

Posted by: @galos

Second, I like that My Profile is in the top right with the alert button next to it and action buttons below. How could I simulate this as well? My image gives a bit more description.

Insert "wpForo User Profile & Notifications" widget in wpForo Sidebar.

4 Replies
(@galos)

Trusted Member

@chris Thank you, this has been helpful. I have noticed that while I have the logout button, I'm still missing the other icons (see red square in image). How could I obtain those?

Also, my sidebar seems to be cut off. i'm using twenty-twenty theme and the bell is half cut-off to the right. Any thoughts on how to pull that in?

Thanks again!

(@galos)

Trusted Member

@chris I was able to figure out how to change the width to fix the alert bell from going too far to the right, but still looking for help with showing the missing icons. Any thoughts?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@galos,

First remove the CSS you used for the Notification Bell, then change your theme, twenty-twenty is not a good one, Try Shuttle iBusiness, let us know if the icons won't show after these changes.

(@galos)

Trusted Member

@chris Here is the image from my forum. You can see the missing icons and the bell cut off slightly on the right.

Topic starter
(@galos)
Trusted Member

I will try the Shuttle iBusiness theme, however, I am not sure I ever added CSS for the Notification Bell. Could you explain how I could remove it?

thanks again

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@galos

Posted by: @galos

I was able to figure out how to change the width to fix the alert bell from going too far to the right, 

I thought you used CSS to do that.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @marionhaskins,

Please provide your forum URL.