78 Posts
20 Users
19 Likes
71.1 K Views
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

All is ok, this code has been added in your functions.php without any problem. I think the native WordPress editor has some bugs, it doesn't save changes. We installed WP Editor plugin and replaced the editor. After this the code has been saved. So there is not any problem with code, all issues are related to editors.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: nando4

@Robert, is there any way I can prevent wpforo automatically putting IMG tags around images (.png, .jpg)?

The reason is I'm using Blueimp lightbox which will firstly show the image in the post and add the images to a gallery. With the added IMG tag, the image is shown in the post but does not get added to the gallery.

It's definitely being done by within wpforo since TinyMCE editting a Wordpress post does not do this. I have the Embeds addon but have oEmbed disabled.

I currently have to hit CTRL-Z (undo) to remove the auto-IMG tag insert. While I know this, it's not so intuitive for the users.

This is not wpForo. I noticed in recent versions of WordPress TinyMCE automatically chances image URL to image. When I copy image URL and paste in editor it replaces URL to image (img html) immediately. I have to do Ctrl+Z to change it to original image URL. here is a gif example:

(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, have you have any workaround to this TinyMCE auto-IMG tag insertion? It's mucking up presentation of user submitted images so they are not clickable to show a bigger image.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but not. The only workaround is doing Ctrl+Z once the image URL is pasted in editor.

NAX
(@nax)

Hi there.

Also looking for a function to bulk-upload images and preferably be able to add image text to each of them. I have a forum where screenshots is a big deal, and uploading images must be as easy as on facebook.  

Page 10 / 14