6 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, rather I explain my question with a practical example 🙂

Some1 just introduce himself on my forum putting a link to their website which also containts a forum... I think you can already see where I come from and where I want to arrive...

While on this case, it's not really harming me, or so I think. For obvious reasons neither helps, that's for sure...

As the person has introduced himself correctly, with nice manners etc, I just don't want to simply edit his posts and delete his website link...

QUESTION:

Is there a way I could prevent this from happening in the future other than the posts having to receive moderation from me before showing up?

This way nobody could complain I took their website off, it will not be able to be added so end of the argument before it start, full stop 🙂

*Of course, even if there is a solution it will always be a drawback which is that will prevent other 100% genuine, useful links to be added to the forum but I suppose will have to be one way or the other, correct? I add this last paragraph just in case, you, being very experienced with forums have even a "much better perfect solution" that not allowing links at all

Thanks in advance 🙂   

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@jesus,

I'm trying to understand you. Are you looking for a feature that will filter and remove users links from the post content automatically?

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Basically yes Robert 🙂

What do you personally think about it as an user point of view?

Im not really 100% sure I want to do this but I think YES, otherwise its quite easy for people to "take advantage of you" in a way if you know what I mean, correct?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jesus,

The feature exists. You can set the number of minimum approved posts a user must have to be able to post a link. This option will remove links automatically from the user posts if the user has less approved posts. So you can allow post links for users who have already 1 or 10 approved posts, and you can trust such users. The option is located in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam Tab:

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Robert, but for that I have to yes or yes first turn on the option that posts must be manually moderated, correct?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jesus,

No, that option doesn't have any relation to removing the links.