Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How to make my forum fully private, and not indexing by google?

8 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@kzdev)

Hello there,

I have a forum that we have some discusion with family members and relatives and all informations that included dont want to come out. 

How to ensure that my forum will be fully private and will not indexed by google?

7 Replies
(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

@kzdev there are two ways to accomplish this. The first would involve setting permissions on the forum so that guest access has no visibility to the forums. You can do that via Forums -> Settings -> Forum Accesses, then set the permissions you want - in this case, you'd remove all the ticks in read only for example, then save.

Another way is to make the entire site private by forcing anyone accessing the site to login. There's plenty of WordPress plugins that can help with that.

(@crisw)
Reputable Member
Posted by: kzdev

Hello there,

I have a forum that we have some discusion with family members and relatives and all informations that included dont want to come out. 

(1) How to ensure that my forum will be fully private and will not indexed by google?

Hi @kzdev .  In addition to the above suggestion, you can also go to your

1. WordPress Dashboard,
  2. Settings,
  3. Reading
  4. At the bottom of the page, you will see
  5. Search Engine Visibility
  6. Check the box - Discourage search engines from indexing this site
    (It is up to search engines to honor this request).
  7. Click Save changes button.

Hope that helps.  Good luck and God bless you. 🙂 

Topic starter
(@kzdev)

Thank you for your responses, According to your suggestions, now I use login for every user and I also set the 'Discourage search engines from indexing this site' box.

But trully I am still feel a little bit unsafe for my personal informations. I hope those configurations be enouth to keep safe my forum privacy

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

The Discourage search engines from indexing this site will make ALL of your site un-indexed for SOME search engines. Not all SE respect that.

Also this is not a security measure. Security measure is to correctly setup the group/users access in wpForo.

Finally if any sensitive information is gonna be published, you should double check what a visitor AND a registered user can see and what not.

A security plugin also should be used as an extra layer of protection, like The Shield.

Page 1 / 2