Request for your opinion: use wpForo also as photo galleries
I'm looking for a way to add photos that USERS will post/upload to my Wordpress site. Let me first say that i do know all possible solutions about galleries and everything and i have tried them all. Don't suggest an image gallery.
So, i think to use a Forum for user to post their travel photos. For many reasons, mainly for MY ease of moderation and also for structure.
What do you think ? Has anybody else done that ?
Off topic but helpful tip.
If you are planning to have 100's or 1000's of pictures in your galley think about creating a sub-domain to hold the media there. If you'r lucky and use BlueHost or Hostgator there a simple wizard to implement this.
It will double the number of parallel connection and will improve the load time.
Thanks Yossik for the tip. Nice to know.
No, i'm not unlucky to host on HG or BlueHost, actually i moved away from HG 3+ years ago, after it was bought from EIG and the service went down the hill.
Hi guys again.
I'm thinking to slowly move the some users galleries to forums/subforums. Nothing fancy. One photo per post, inline. Not 100% what i want, still the gallery plugin is a nighmare to admin. A lot of work.
I was thinking (now that i know better wpForo) to create a subforum per user ? A good or bad idea ? Of cource on request of a user.
And allow only that user to upload (can that be done, i haven't checked).
What do you think ? Good or bad idea ?
I think this is good idea.
- Sub-Forums permissions can be very easy managed for all Usergroups and access to Users Galleries can be fully controlled individually.
- Albums can be organized by Topics. Topic accesses are also can be well managed.
- People will be able to discuss in each Album and leave feedback.
- Users will be able to subscribe to certain Gallery and Albums, then will be notified when new album is posted...
- All information will be available in widgets and users activity pages.
- And lots of more...
- You have to create new Sub-Forum for each user manually or maybe you can create a code to generate new Sub-Forum automatically on new user registration.
- Large Number of sub forums will be not easy to manage in Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page.
- It would be better to use wpForo Advanced Attachment addon. If you'll need it just contact us via support[at]gvectors.com email address. We have 100% discounts on some addons for active members of wpForo Community started from 5 star rating.