Request for your opinion: use wpForo also as photo galleries
I'm looking for a way to add photos that USERS will post/upload to my Wordpress site. Let me first say that i do know all possible solutions about galleries and everything and i have tried them all. Don't suggest an image gallery.
So, i think to use a Forum for user to post their travel photos. For many reasons, mainly for MY ease of moderation and also for structure.
What do you think ? Has anybody else done that ?
Off topic but helpful tip.
If you are planning to have 100's or 1000's of pictures in your galley think about creating a sub-domain to hold the media there. If you'r lucky and use BlueHost or Hostgator there a simple wizard to implement this.
It will double the number of parallel connection and will improve the load time.
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Hi guys again.
I'm thinking to slowly move the some users galleries to forums/subforums. Nothing fancy. One photo per post, inline. Not 100% what i want, still the gallery plugin is a nighmare to admin. A lot of work.
I was thinking (now that i know better wpForo) to create a subforum per user ? A good or bad idea ? Of cource on request of a user.
And allow only that user to upload (can that be done, i haven't checked).
What do you think ? Good or bad idea ?
I think this is good idea.
- Sub-Forums permissions can be very easy managed for all Usergroups and access to Users Galleries can be fully controlled individually.
- Albums can be organized by Topics. Topic accesses are also can be well managed.
- People will be able to discuss in each Album and leave feedback.
- Users will be able to subscribe to certain Gallery and Albums, then will be notified when new album is posted...
- All information will be available in widgets and users activity pages.
- And lots of more...
- You have to create new Sub-Forum for each user manually or maybe you can create a code to generate new Sub-Forum automatically on new user registration.
- Large Number of sub forums will be not easy to manage in Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page.
- It would be better to use wpForo Advanced Attachment addon. If you'll need it just contact us via support[at]gvectors.com email address. We have 100% discounts on some addons for active members of wpForo Community started from 5 star rating.
In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.
@robert you are totally right about the number of subforums/per user. I will avoid that. I will leave the users to just create some topic and post in there.
Thanks for the suggestion/offer, i will try that. Still for 11$ i think i will just buy it.
Also right now i'm actually testing a new idea, using the forums but the galleries are comming from something else (via shortcode).
I will post here the results and a demo of what i did, maybe someone else could give ideas or just benefit from mine.
Actually i faced several problems with posting images (inline) from a directory folder. Problems not with WP or wpForo but with my hosting (since i have also 2 other sites in that plan).
If i put for example 10 pages per forum with some 5 images each post, i reach the max mysql connections, and i'm limited (from CloudLinux) for a while. So a no-go.
I'm currently searching for a better way. I will keep updated.