[Closed] Subscription Manager: New Idea Suggestion

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
mikesmith
Topic starter
(@mikesmith)
Eminent Member

So I had an idea for a feature that I think would be pretty slick.

You know how you guys have the forums, members, and register / login tabs in the wpforo menu bar?

What if you added another one that said something like "Subscriptions" that people used to manage what forums, sub forums, topics, etc they were interested in specifically and wanted to subscribe to. It would obviously automatically read what's existing on the site in terms of the forums, sub forums, topics, etc and display those as selections to the user. I see this not only being amazing in terms of how slick and powerful but also how easy it is for people who don't understand how to get the notifications they want to simply pick their interests rather than having to traverse down to each thing just to hit subscribe, etc. Also provide a confirmation button at the bottom. It's sort of like the concept of on initial sign up picking categories of interest on a website like quora.com but this is picking the high or low level forums or topics you want to get notifications from. Also this could have in a different view the things they are subscribed to via their reply, their post, comment, like, etc.

I would imagine it like the image I attached. A hierarchy in that fashion but also check boxes next to each item so forum, sub forum, topic even, etc so that the user can quickly click through which ones they want via the check box. Do you see what I'm saying?

Let me know what you think!

PS. I love wpforo and I gave it a rating! Let's blow this place up haha.

JJ

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi jjzolper,

Thank you for this suggestion. This is already in our to-do list. wpForo will have an admin page to manage all subscribers. This page could be used for subscription managing and for statistic purposes like you've mentioned above. I'll update this topic once we started work on.

mikesmith
Topic starter
(@mikesmith)
Eminent Member

Okay that's really exciting! Thanks for working on it. I can see a use case within the admin but just to be clear my suggestion is directed at the idea for the forum members or users themselves. This goes back to making it easier for users to manage which topics, etc they want to get notifications from in one interface. I'm sure you understood that but just wanted to make sure. I'm talking about subscription management for the forum users on the forum itself, not in the admin. Thanks nonetheless!

JJ