Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Major bug occurring with @user mentions

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

I have posted about this previously as this has been a long running issue, but thus far there have been no solutions. We're currently running the latest version of wpforo alongside buddyboss and everything else has been great, except for this major issue. There seem to be a seriously confusing issue anytime a user quotes another user's post in addition to manually mentioning that user's nickname. When a thread runs long enough, instead of actually showing the correct username in user replies, it will show @user1 or @user2 or @user3 and so on. In fact, it will actually REPLACE the intended user handle altogether and will often show the OP's username instead of the intended user they're replying to.

I have disabled other plugins just to ensure that thee are no conflicts. Perhaps this occurs anytime a user chooses to use the quote feature + manually typing out the @nickname in the same post? Either way, this really does seem to be a genuine bug. I have attached a screenshot that shows exactly what's concurring, and I have outlined the exact errors with red boxes. Please review the attached screenshot to see this.

Thank you!

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

Please view the updated attached image below of another test post that is showing the error. This updated attachment is easier to read and easier to see just where the error officially begins.

The following is an outline of what happens:

UserA creates a topic.

UserB replies to UserA in the thread, using the quote button

UserC replies to both UserB and UserA by using the quote button, thereby showing a "double quote reply" in one post

...Up to this point, there are no errors showing until the following...

UserA then replies to UserC and UserB by manually typing @UserA and @UserB

However, instead of showing the above, this produces an error showing "@UserC+0" and UserB

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @noved,

I have tried the following, but didn't get any problems with the mentioning, everything worked well.

Posted by: @noved

UserA creates a topic.

UserB replies to UserA in the thread, using the quote button

UserC replies to both UserB and UserA by using the quote button, thereby showing a "double quote reply" in one post

...Up to this point, there are no errors showing until the following...

UserA then replies to UserC and UserB by manually typing @UserA and @UserB

1 Reply
(@novedddd)

Trusted Member

@chris Thanks for the reply. After spending roughly 12 hours trying to diagnose the issue, it turns out it's actually stemming from a specific plugin conflict (outerbridge's nesting shortcodes plugin)