Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Adding text to Registration Form

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

After trying everything I can think of, and you guys were able to tell me, I give up! My new members are not getting registration/password emails. I know wpforo only uses a form that passes the info over to WP, but I still don't understand how WP sends every other wpforo email out but this one.

As a result, I have added this text to the top of my forum page: (see https://fiddlingforolderfolks.com/community/)

NOTICE: If you register and do not receive an email confirmation with a link to set your
password, Contact me with your User Name, and I will send you a temporary password.

I would really like to have it added to the Registration Form. (See attachment)

I looked in Plugins > Plugin Editor > wpforo > wpf themes > classic , but am not sure where to place this text. Does it go in the register.php file? I was somewhat reluctant to place it there since it is a .php file. Also, I wasn't sure where to even place it in that file if I tried. (I could experiment with the placement, but I don't want any further problems if this text should not be placed in the register.php file, so I thought it best to ask first.)

Any help/guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

EDIT: And/or is there a way to have it so the new registrant can choose their password on the registration form, thus negating the need for the confirmation/password email? (My forum is only part of my WP site, and I have no other registration requirements on my site except for the forum.) Thanks.
11 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

What the smtp plugin logs tell you? IS the email sent (delivered) or not?

Also enable debug.log and check if empty.

Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

@Anonymous20

Pardon my ignorance here, "smtp plugin logs" where do I find these? Where do I find "debug.log"? 

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Install this

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-smtp/

and you will have all the email transcations logs for OUTGOING email. So you will know what happened. Delivered or not. And you can fix the whatever problem as a next step. Otherwise you can't tell.

Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

@Anonymous20

Post smtp

Last Updated: 2 months ago

"Untested with your version of WordPress"

I installed it anyway, but I have no idea how to set it up.

Page 1 / 3