Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Category and Forum Permissions

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@lelkins)

I am having a brain fart. I really hope this is something that I am overlooking but I still wanted to reach out to see what I might be doing wrong. 

On my forums, I am wanting to have a category section dealing with Anonymous Support issues. I know how to make it where only certain usergroups can view the category and forums but I am wanting to take it one step further. Is there a way to make it where people can post topics/threads without other users of the same usergroup being able to view the topic? 

Quick example. I am going to have three licensed therapists who will be a Moderator for this section. I am wanting only those three and myself to be allowed to see those users posts. The problem that I am running into is making it where other users cannot view the posts of the other users.

Again, I want Registered users to be able to view the category/forum and to be able to post a topic. What I not wanting is for them to be able to view other Registered users topics in that specific category. 

Any help?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

The only way is letting user know to set a topic private. there is no do that using Forum Permissions. This is a Topic specific privacy and this should be done by Topic author by clicking on Private button or checking the Private Topic checkbox before submitting it.

Topic starter
(@lelkins)
Posted by: Robert

The only way is letting user know to set a topic private. there is no do that using Forum Permissions. This is a Topic specific privacy and this should be done by Topic author by clicking on Private button or checking the Private Topic checkbox before submitting it.

Okay thanks!