Clear all

[Closed] changing tags

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@inferno)
Eminent Member

I was told to check out the documentation which did not answer my question I originally asked.

If I wanted to change the css tags and div references could I? or will I encounter problems with your software?

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@inferno,

As it has been already answered, if you copy wpForo template files to /wpforo/ folder in your active theme, then you'll not have any problem.

You can insert custom css code in wpForo > Settings > Colors & Styles admin page

Topic starter
(@inferno)
Eminent Member

I meant the tags that are already in the plugin like #wpforo. I want to change those. Can they be changed if I changed those and the div references?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@inferno,

It seems you've not read the template customization topic. It says that you can copy wpForo template files to your current active theme's /wpforo/ folder and change any div you want. The #wpforo tag is located in the index.php file of the template file, so just do that and change whatever you want: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/forum-themes/theme-customization/

(@inferno)

Eminent Member

@robert Alright I will try it and see what happens.

I thank you for helping me and not ignoring my response.

Topic starter
(@inferno)
Eminent Member

I have another question about the documentation using custom templates.

Is there any chance of changing this: wp-content/themes/yourtheme/wpforo/layouts/1/topics.php

to something like this: wp-content/themes/yourtheme/boards/layouts/1/topics.php

Without encountering any problems?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@inferno,

It's not possible. All boards use the same template files of the 2022 theme. If you customize any template file, it affects all boards. There is no way to do a board specific template customization.