Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Changing the profile URL?

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Swen
Topic starter
(@swen)

Is it possible to change the profile URL to something else? For example:

https://example.com/community/profile/admin/

to

https://example.com/user/admin/

11 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but not. There is only an option to change nickname and userid in Forums > Settings > Members admin page.

Swen
Topic starter
(@swen)

That's a shame... I would like to use the default WordPress author pages for this plugin's profile page, but it seems impossible. I tried making it work with rewrite rules, but that didn't work either. It really is a dealbreaker for this otherwise excellent plugin.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You can enable these two options, this will replace whole website authors URLs to wpForo profile page. So you'll get a single profile page for whole website.

Swen
Topic starter
(@swen)

That's something akin to what I was looking for, however, it doesn't suit my needs. It's not compatible with how profile URLs are setup in my website right now. I tried making it work with some url rewriting options, but to no avail.. For now, I edited some core wpForo files so that all internal URLs link to my desired url (example.com/user/username). I think that URL looks a lot nicer too.

I'll still be using wpForo, but not for my site's profile pages. I'm hoping an extra option will get added in the future to completely omit wpForo's profile in a setting, and allowing us to provide our own profile link. Or more profile customization options (adding fields, hiding fields and custom urls being the main things I'm looking for)

Don't get me wrong, wpForo profiles are pretty good, but I found it's lacking in it's options. I decided to create a custom profile page since both Ultimate Member and wpForo aren't exactly what I want from a profile plugin.

Page 1 / 3