Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Editing post count?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Rosabeth
Topic starter
(@rosabeth)
Eminent Member

Is there any way to edit a user's post count? If not, is this a feature that will be added at some point?

I am looking to migrate from phpBB to wpForo, but because we switched from another forum to using phpBB several years ago, many of the users have an edited post count to reflect the posts that were lost during the first move. Obviously these posts won't migrate because they don't exist anymore and post count will be affected even if the migration is completely successful.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi Rosabeth,

Are you going to do the migration via the Go2wpForo tool? 

If so you should not worry about the post count. The tool migrates the posts and then rebuilt the count regarding the post count it was migrated. 

In any case, if you are not able to convert in the right way, you can always contact gConverter or ProfProjects services.

Rosabeth
Topic starter
(@rosabeth)
Eminent Member

Hi Sofy, thanks for the reply.

We're looking into using a forum conversion company after having some difficulty with the free migrating tool.

I'm aware that post count will be rebuilt based on the posts that are migrated, but post counts on our forum were manually edited after a previous move from another forum system to our current phpBB forum several years ago. The posts from the forum we used before we switched to phpBB won't be migrated because they don't exist anymore, so this means that when we move to wpForo, the post counts on older accounts will be reduced and their post rank will potentially go down.

Is there any way to prevent this?

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@rosabeth

I think it'd be better if you contact forum migration services like ProfProjects GP or gConverter, LLC. We'll provide you the solution for sure.

Rosabeth
(@rosabeth)

Eminent Member

@sofy

Thanks, will do that.