Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Email address and personal data

14 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@alice79b)
Estimable Member

Maybe you meant to check here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/addons/wpforo-user-custom-fields/field-settings/ ?

According to this doc, I can't hide it on the account settings page. 
But if I really can't hide it, can I avoid to get logged out and redirected to the login page, without any message of confirmation?  

Thank you,

Alice 

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member
Posted by: @alice79b

Maybe you meant to check here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/addons/wpforo-user-custom-fields/field-settings/ ?

Oh, sorry I gave wrong Doc. Your mentioned doc is the right one.

But if I really can't hide it, can I avoid to get logged out and redirected to the login page, without any message of confirmation?  

I don't follow you.

Topic starter
(@alice79b)
Estimable Member

I try to explain better. I would need to hide the password change field, to keep account management all out of the forum. But if this is not possible it would be advisable that once the new password has been entered there was a confirmation message and it would be possible to remain inside the forum. Instead now, if I ask for a change of password, as soon as I push the button, the logout is made and I am redirected to the login page.

At this point, as user, I don't understand what happened, and I don't know if the new password has been taken until I try to use the old one or the other. As usability it is not optimal.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

would need to hide the password change field, to keep account management all out of the forum.

Password change cannot be disabled, but you can hide it with CSS code: Insert The CSS Code in Custom CSS Code field from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles Tab

.wpf-field.wpf-field-type-password.wpf-field-name-user_pass.wpf-field-required {
    display: none;
}

Instead now, if I ask for a change of password, as soon as I push the button, the logout is made and I am redirected to the login page.

If you press Save Changes button after you entered the new password, the Page will be refreshed and the new password will be set. There is no pop-up msg that says that the password has changed but about that I can ask our Devs, for a solution.

3 Replies
(@alice79b)

Estimable Member

@chris it would be great. Thank you!!

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@alice79b,

We have added this to our to-do list, the pop-up message will be available in wpForo 2.0 version.

(@alice79b)

Estimable Member

@chris Thank you! 🙂

Page 2 / 2