wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Login not functional

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
 SRG
Topic starter
(@somerandomguy)
Eminent Member

I have been having issues since using deleting the Ultimate Member plugin to use wpForo's. Attempting registration or login results in the page being refreshed and nothing happening aside from the welcome notification. 

Site: dizzieforums.com

9 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It works fine. We just registered and it sent password reset email. The only issue is the message. It should notify that email was sent with password reset URL. I have no idea why it doesn't display the message. probably there is some conflict with plugins or something is wrong with website sessions (you have error in output and it stop WordPress session). I'd recommend check website errors in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug Tab > [Error & Issues] Sub-tab and let me know what errors you see.

You can disable all plugins, delete all caches and check t again.

You should make sure the registration URL is not set to some custom URL in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members Tab.

Make sure website User Registration is enabled in Dashboard > Settings > General admin page and in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab

In any case if you don't find solution, you can change the registration forum to full type (with password). Just disable "Enable User Registration email confirmation" option in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab, then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools admin page and configure the built-in reCAPTCHA to make the registration secure.

1 Reply
 SRG
(@somerandomguy)

Eminent Member

To emphasize, what I mean to say is that the logout, profile, account, etc. links are not visible.  Have you tested this with the account you just generated? I have created two accounts. The confirmation emails are sent (of which I will be changing this feature anyways) and the password is generated but the login does not work. I have cleared all caches from Wordpress and the Forum.

I receive notification that the login was successful with a green banner but nothing changes. I have tested this on the current releases of Chrome, Edge, and mobile Safari. I have also tested this with all plugins disabled (6 of them). None seem to interfere with any functionality. No problems are found under the debug report.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue occurring.

I re-setup Ultimate Member and the login/logout process works flawlessly. Also, the user information is correctly shows by wpForo. So there must be a problem with the coding relating to the shortcode's used for the links. Question is, is it on your side or mine?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Could you please remove the UM Login form and let me test the wpForo. You've mixed all together and got lots of problem. Yes, I was able to login and all was fine with wpForo login/register forms. The current UM forms don't work.

1 Reply
 SRG
(@somerandomguy)

Eminent Member

I was testing various things on the site to see what the issue was. I have removed all UM content. Unfortunately the login is not working for me with wpforo standalone.

SRG
Topic starter
(@somerandomguy)
Eminent Member

I am able to create accounts. Email delivery is a bit wonky as I’m setting up SMTP for the site. Email delivery shouldn’t be a problem after that. However, once a user logs in, it doesn’t register that they are logged in and sends them to their profile page (the redirect) but logged out. So for some reason, the login is not being recognized. The same applies after registration. The user account is created but the user is not able to log in. Using Wordpress’s default login works and then after that the forum is visible to the user. UM’s login worked but required me to generate their version of user pages, profile, etc. Turning on the integration seemed to cause all kinds of issues so removing fixed the site. However, now we’re back to square one. No users can log in and I am only able to because of auto-login through Wordpress. Anyways, I’ll be leaving it for the next day or two so you can look at it.  But i’ve got a forum to grow. I can’t spend too much time with it being crippled. I really like the wpforo and it really would suck to have to switch from what is clearly the one if the best looking and featured plugins. Really hoping we can fix this.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I see the login works fine. I just logged-in and logout successfully. All works fine.

But I see the Profile Menu exists for Guests too. This is not correct. It seems you've created wrong menus, you've not used URL shortcode and inserted direct URLs. Please edit the wpForo Navigation menu and make sure all Menus are created with menu shortcodes as it's mentioned in the documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-menu/

1 Reply
 SRG
(@somerandomguy)

Eminent Member

I was looking at the differences between using a direct url and the shortcode. I see it doesn't enable the menu animations on desktop and mobile browsers don't even recognize the links. Has been fixed. Yes, the login and registration works correctly as I have created separate login/registration forms to replace wpForo's. I wouldn't call this an actual solution to the problem as the wpForo forms still failed, even after a full uninstall-re-install , but I found a workaround so I'm content. I have ran in to another smaller issue but I will start a new topic for this.

Page 1 / 2