Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Question about forum premissions for guests

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@second-hand-pat)

Hello, I am new to wpForo and added it to my website yesterday.  Setup the categories and forums with permissions set correctly as best I can tell. I want guests to be able to post to part of the forum and have the guest permission set to "standard access". When I log out and try to post as a guest when selecting "Add Topic" I do not get the Title and Post boxes to create a new thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Pat

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please don't set "Standard Access" for guests, it'll cause JS errors on your front-end. wpForo doesn't support guest posting yet. It's currently under development. Once the guest posting is added you can do this change in forum permissions, but at the moment set "Read Only" access for guest to avoid tons of issues on forum front-end.

Topic starter
(@second-hand-pat)

Thank you Robert. Easy enough to change.

Pat

Topic starter
(@second-hand-pat)

One more question, I note that my posts as a new member go into the moderation queue. How many posts go into the moderation queue as a new member and can that be turned off for new members?

Thank you,

Pat

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It only works for new registered users. The number of posts can be managed in Forums > Tools > Antispam  admin page in New Registered Users Tab.

More info:

https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/moderation-now-appearing/#post-8078

Page 1 / 2