Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Reply has no title

32 Posts
8 Users
16 Likes
(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

Ok lets start from from the end ,

1) it is not unusable BUT is missing basic functions that the most forums have.

Functions that i didnt check out before to come because i believed that there are by default.

2) not updating from the start is wise , but in this  case for me is matter of existence, so i have to do it even in beta version.

3) We don't push the developers, me at least, i am waiting based on what they said and i am asking, First was end of December, after end of January, now ?

The mistake is that the creators, owners , developers, dont inform us and we look like homeless begging for shelter. If they had a topic where they would announce that the new version supposed to be ready at 31/01 or we are at 2.a , 2,b 2.Rc1 2 rc2 , sorry folks we need 15 more days. Nobody would ask.

I am really desperate and this is the reason i am asking.

1 Reply
(@usernamemi)

Trusted Member
Posted by: CENTRAL4ALL

The mistake is that the creators, owners , developers, dont inform us and we look like homeless begging for shelter. If they had a topic where they would announce that the new version supposed to be ready at 31/01 or we are at 2.a , 2,b 2.Rc1 2 rc2 , sorry folks we need 15 more days. Nobody would ask.

Yes, the lack of a roadmap is definately affecting the trust in any platform on which you bet a big project.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Well, wpForo is a free plugin, everybody is welcome to test and evaluate it. I did so, two years ago. Nobody forces anyone to use it.

Second, wpForo is lacking features compared to what ? wpForo is STILL a Wordpress plugin and not a standalone forum script.

Finally most PHP forums are 10 or 15 years old and wpForo is still young.

My view is that people spend their time with technical matters (SEO for example) and not how to promote their forums. I say that because i do know some prehistoric forums scripts that are used with huge success still today.

2 Replies
(@usernamemi)

Trusted Member
Posted by: Anonymous20

My view is that people spend their time with technical matters (SEO for example) and not how to promote their forums.

Me: hey pal, come and join my new cutting edge new website community!

He: hey, I took a look at, you should at least activate live notifications on your cutting edge thing?

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: UsernameMi

Me: hey pal, come and join my new cutting edge new website community!

He: hey, I took a look at, you should at least activate live notifications on your cutting edge thing?
Sure, all those new features are needed for some people (and some not), still i don't consider them as a "stopper" for using wpForo.

For me content and quality is what counts, not the script. Any script, wpForo, Wordpress or whatever. They are just the tools, and more-or-less they are in 2019 up to a standard.
Vít Hofman
Topic starter
(@vit-hofman)
Estimable Member

For me, the forum is currently inapplicable. I will not dare to start promoting the forum because I know it would fail.
It is free. That's why I supported developers by at least buying supplements.
I do not want to push anyone. I asked if the missing essential functions would be added. It was promised that yes. That's why I'm postponing the start of my forum.

By the way. I suppose you know who this comment is intended for.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: UsernameMi

Maybe you are living in a world where discussions boards are not competing with each other.

Well ...i don't think so. I'm in the business for 30 years now, starting from the BBS era (i had the first BBS with 32 tel lines in 1990 in my country using The Major BBS by Galacticomm). I know the whole thing inside out, better than my pocket.

Anyway, everybody has an opinion about things, i'm not trying to force mine to anyone.

Vít Hofman
Topic starter
(@vit-hofman)
Estimable Member

A message for mr. MassimoMi (Yes, I have to write your name manually because wpForo does not allow me to answer. Just quote and I do not want to):

I have a discussion group on facebook.
I want to convert this forum to the web. I had the idea that I would use wpForo to do that. But slowly but I lose hope.
People who are used to discussing on facebook simply do not go into a very confusing wpforo in the current state.
That's a futile fight.

Page 4 / 5