Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Topic Titles

24 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

@Robert, is there anyway widen the topic title text on the main topic summary window? There's a ton of white space there. Example pic below from https://egpu.io/forums/diy-discussions/

antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

nando4, you can edit your layout files for output topics titles of desired length.

Just in file forum.php of your layout find

wpforo_text($last_post_topic['title'], 30)

and change 30 to your value. For example 40.

(@nando4)
Estimable Member
Posted by: antonM

nando4, you can edit your layout files for output topics titles of desired length.

Just in file forum.php of your layout find

wpforo_text($last_post_topic['title'], 30)

and change 30 to your value. For example 40.

Thank you. Found the line and made the change in /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/layouts/2/forum.php.

With a live forum, how do I now activate this change with minimal downtime for the users? Is it a matter of deactivating, then activating the WPFORO plugin?

1 Reply
antonM
(@antonm)

Estimable Member

Just save changed file and update page in browser. If it cached then try Ctrl+F5 (2-3 times).

Leave your reply here about results.

P.S. deactivating/activating not needed.

(@nando4)
Estimable Member

antonM, I changed it to 40, then 60. It didn't make any difference.  The topic title is limited to 36 chars, or 39 with the "...". eg below:

PCI Express vs. Thunderbolt - How mu...

Any other ideas?

Edit, maybe increase the 36 in this one instead?

<a href="<?php echo esc_url($wpforo->post->get_post_url($last_post)) ?>"><?php echo esc_html(wpforo_text($topic['title'], 36, false)) ?></a>
(@nando4)
Estimable Member

Yep.. the alteration to /wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-themes/classic/layouts/1/forum.php in my last post  did it . Now I'm enjoying 70char width topic titles.

Page 4 / 5