Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Advanced search including date fields as the default home page

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Arik
Topic starter
(@arik)

I need to have the advanced search of the wpforo forums to be the default page of my website. My wpforo forum has some "Topic Custom Fields" including two Date fields. The Date fields should also be included in the search.

Now the advanced search works, but the dates do not affect the results, also I can not find the option which could be set to see the advanced search on a separate page (which could be set as the home page of my website). 

I would be really thankful if one could guide me to solve these two problems.

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@arik,

Please note all questions related to paid addons should be asked in the gVectors.com forum. Here we only support issues related to free wpForo plugin.   

Now the advanced search works, but the dates do not affect the results

If you want to search the topics by the created date you should use the Search in date period Filter

The Filter by custom fields just searches values in the post content. So you cannot filter by date using the date custom field date value.

also I can not find the option which could be set to see the advanced search on a separate page (which could be set as the home page of my website)

You can use the wpForo Search Widget. More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-sidebar-and-widgets/wpforo-widgets/