Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Q&A Support Layout

8 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
Topic starter
(@billhood)

While I applaud your clean design and ease of use in WPForo and especially the different formats, I would love to see a Q&A Support Layout, where only the admin or moderator would be able to provide answers to questions.

I provide solutions for my clients, and the problem with opening up the ability for anyone to provide answers often results in a deluge of incorrect solutions that only serve to muddy the water and take away from the concept of providing best practice solutions.

7 Replies
(@crisw)
Reputable Member

While I applaud your clean design and ease of use in WPForo and especially the different formats, I would love to see a Q&A Support Layout, (1) where only the admin or moderator would be able to provide answers to questions.

(2) I provide solutions for my clients, and the problem with opening up the ability for anyone to provide answers often results in a deluge of incorrect solutions that only serve to muddy the water and take away from the concept of providing best practice solutions.

Hi @billhood(1) I think the wpForo Q & A Layout was built and designed for: 

"Q&A Layout is a complete question and answers discussion board for professional support and for communities similar to Stack Overflow. Perfect platform for users to ask and answer questions, and, through membership and active participation, to vote up or down."

Source:  https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/question-answer-layout/

(2)  Maybe you can try using the other wpForo layouts here: 

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/

Or perhaps build or customize a Q & A for your own use case,

(1) where only the admin or moderator would be able to provide answers to questions.

The wpForo Support Team has answered this in a similar post, where:

" It'll allow you to hide Answer section and allow users to leave only comments. "

thread is below: 

https://wpforo.com/community/qa-layout-how-to-and-troubleshooting/how-do-i-turn-off-answers-just-make-a-voting-forum/#post-23212

Topic starter
(@billhood)

While I am able to turn off the Can Post Reply, this does not allow the individual to respond to my answer. Hopefully in the next version of the Q&A Layout this will be an option.

Thanks for the assistance.

Bill

(@crisw)
Reputable Member

While I am able to turn off the Can Post Reply, (1) this does not allow the individual to respond to my answer. Hopefully in the (2) next version of the Q&A Layout this will be an option.

Thanks for the assistance.

Bill

(2) It is now in the Current Version of wpForo. 

As the Admin of your Forum, you can actually set a Question as a "Sticky" and then when you have "Answered", as the Admin, you can (1) "Close the Topic" if you want your answer to be the last one and then nobody else can respond anymore.  See attached screenshot on where to find it in the Q&A Layout. (We were just testing this too.  🙂 ) 

This wpForo is awesome as is.  We just have to read and study the documentation.  🙂 

Topic starter
(@billhood)

Chris, perhaps I did not explain my problem well. I am simply suggesting a new layout that would allow the forum to function strickly as a support forum. That would make the already awesome wpForo even more appealing to a much wider audience who could use a support forum.

And, yes, I have read and studied the documentation.

The solution you stated was in the current version is not a viable solution for my problem. Yes, I understand that I could set questions to Sticky, but I am not in the forum 24/7. If someone posts a question is not automatically set to Sticky, and then others would have the option to answer the question before I visited the forum and changed it to Sticky.

Page 1 / 2