Clear all

[Solved] Wpforo with all add ons

15 Posts
6 Users
12 Reactions
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi guys, I use all add ons, (expect the new Sytanx one, and topic custom feilds)

This will be my third year using them, and any of you guys using the stand alone Wpforro should look into some of them. They make a huge difference to the site. 

I think the Mycred one is important, for likes, and badges, members really like that sort of thing. 

Advanced attachments is another good one so people can upload pics, but its a good idea to have some kind of images optimiser on your site too if you use this. People have some HD pics they love to upload nowadays lol. 

Private messages, this will depend on your forum, but its really useful for a forum like mine. 

The emoticons one is OK. Not really needed, but fun for the members, as you can also make your own emoticons that are more site specific. 

Polls is ok, I only use it now and again for competitions and vote offs. Again one of those you don't need a lot, but good to have in case you need it 

User customs field is another good one.... I just don't have the skills to use it to its full potential but you can do great things with the sign in/ sign up pages, and profile pages too. Just takes some coding skills i think.

Now cross blog posting, very useful to make sure SEO doesn't clash one posts. Id say this one is a must have really, especially if you intent to write proper post for the front end and the forum. But be careful if you're using a page builder, sometimes the functions dont cross over well between a WordPress post and forum post, they wont look the same and may need re editing on the forum side once the post is posted. 

Ad manager is ok..... you dont really need that one as you can get plug ins that will display adds across your whole site, and not just the forum. But, it is good for adding ads in forum sections and between posts. But you only really need it if you have adds to show

Embeds is good too, anyone can post a link and it'll display nicely in the forum. But it can be a problem if some posts a c**p like, and you can get api calls that take a while to load. So be careful of the links your members post

The new Topics prefix is very nice too, and I highly recommend that one. It'll make navigating the site much easier for the users. 

All in all, Wpforro has grown into an amazing piece of software over the last couple of years. Like anything, there can be some small issues when upgrades come, but the support here is top quality and there is always some one ready to help you out if you need it. 

Take a look at my site (percysgrowroom.com) if you want to see what is possible with WPforo with the extra add ons. 

If you have any questions about any of them, then feel free to ask. I might not be able to provide techy feedback ( @Tutrix is your guy for that lol), but I can give you a good honest customer review of the plug ins, and let you know if I think it'll be good for your site 🙂

But right now, my recommendation would be to buy all of them lol! The more you buy the bigger the discount, and you can get them all for just a couple hundred dollars. This is much cheaper than all of the other types of forum software out there, and has many more great features. 

If you want a forum built on WordPress, then Wpforo is what you want, and it gets even better when have these add ons! I am sure you can try them out and if you're unhappy, you will be refunded. 

But be careful, if you add these features to a live site, and your members see it...... they will want you to keep it. Consider starting a patreon page, and maybe your members can help foot the bill of these kinds of things. Forums are communities, you will find some members will be happy to help support the site for things like this. 

I have not posted affiliate links or anything, and I get nothing in return for saying all of this. This is my genuine opinion of Wpforo and its add ons. 

Check out my Wpforo forum, lots of customisations and add ons 🙂
Percys Grow Room

Posted : 07/02/2021 12:29 pm
Coder, Roel Developer, hector and 4 people reacted
(@lindy)

Your forum looks amazing! I bought MyCred, Blog Cross and User Custom Fields months ago, but have no idea how to use them. Your beautiful side bar with all the neat little icons above the recent post box box. Is that an addon that enables you to customize like that? 

I would love to learn how to customize like that. Any suggestions on where to start? 

Posted : 01/04/2021 11:17 pm
(@zeeshan333)
Estimable Member

@percysgrowroom how do you manage to keep the Advanced attachments add-on, don't your users post lots of images? Do you just have a high ssd storage plan? And you mentioned to have a good image optimiser, is there one you recommend?

Posted : 14/07/2021 6:55 pm
Macky reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Topic starter

good compression will save you a s**t loads of space mate. like 85%!! Massive, I use shortpixel, you have to pay for credits but its worth it. I have compressed over 50k images with that and have saved 87% in drive space because of it. I think it only takes up about 5 gig in total 

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 14/07/2021 7:27 pm
(@zeeshan333)
Estimable Member

@percysgrowroom

Thanks for the information!

Did you untick "image backup" in the shortpixel settings?

https://prnt.sc/1belp27

Posted : 15/07/2021 10:56 am
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@zeeshan333 I save the back ups for awhile, incase there is a problem, and then delete them in bulk when optimisation is done

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 15/07/2021 2:02 pm
tqarb
(@tqarb)
Trusted Member

@percysgrowroom Congrats on the classy look in your forum

My Test Forum
https://tqarb.com/

منتدى تقارب التطويري
سبحان الله وبحمده .. سبحان الله العظيم

Posted : 16/07/2021 11:46 pm
Macky reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@tqarb Thanks man, only possible due to the help i get here 🙂 

Tutrix is the man for help with design! 

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 16/07/2021 11:47 pm
tqarb reacted
tqarb
(@tqarb)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Tutrix is the man for help with design! 

Indeed, he has excellent design experience
And his forum is very wonderful
He does not hesitate to help anyone
I wish I had learned the German language

So take advantage of his forum 😥 

My Test Forum
https://tqarb.com/

منتدى تقارب التطويري
سبحان الله وبحمده .. سبحان الله العظيم

Posted : 16/07/2021 11:52 pm
Macky reacted
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @tqarb

I wish I had learned the German language

So take advantage of his forum 😥

lol same!! 

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 17/07/2021 12:03 am
tqarb reacted
(@mac26)

@percysgrowroom With the attachments addon, when you set the max filesize, I'm guessing this is the filesize as it sits on your users PC and then the compression software kicks in after they upload?

What are yo using for your attachment limits?  I'm trying to figure out sensible limits for people to use without killing my storage space.

Posted : 22/03/2022 2:23 pm
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@mac26 I use short pixel mate, that compresses the files on upload 🙂 

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 22/03/2022 4:26 pm
(@mac26)

@percysgrowroom Thanks,  I was wondering if you set limits to force users to submit smaller pictures and then short pixel compresses further or do you let users upload anything and short pixel does all of the work?

Posted : 22/03/2022 4:42 pm
(@joselito)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

@mac26 I use short pixel mate, that compresses the files on upload 🙂 

Does it compress already uploaded pictures?

https://lingeriepicsforum.com

Posted : 30/03/2022 3:25 am
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Topic starter

@joselito yes it does mate, sorry for the really really late reply lol

Percys Grow Room

Posted : 20/09/2023 12:09 am