Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] BBpress migration - redirect topics

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys, 

love the forum plugin and am testing it out for a full transfer on a test site at the moment. 

When i migrate bbpress I have an issue with ensuring topic links do not get broken.

My forum uses the bbpress defaults for url structure e.g. example.com/forums/forum/ which is easily redirected with a WP redirect plugin to example.com/community for WPforo. However bbpress topics do not have the extra part of the URL that WPforo inserts e.g. example.com/community/category1/topic1.

With the example of forums/forum/ i redirected those links to community/. Do you have any suggestions for the topics? The new links work no problem, it's the internal links in the old forum topics that will be messed up unless I can redirect.

Much appreciate your help, and keep up the great work!

Liam 

1 Answer

I'm really sorry but we don't have internal link redirection solution. You should find some developer to do a custom codding. The code should scan all wpForo posts, find bbPress URLs and replace to wpForo URLs.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.