Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How to RE-migrate.

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Im ready to do the final migration from bbPress to wpForo for real now, not just as a test forum.

Do I just run the migration tool again?

Or do I need to wipe those tables clean, or anything else?

5 Answers

This addon don't update. It only does a fresh migration. I'd recommend Uninstall (not just delete and if you don't have important data) wpForo and remove all tables then install a fresh wpForo and do a fresh migration.

In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Also don't foreget to remove _go2wpforo table from database before doing the second migration. But please don't delete it after migration, it used by Rdirect2wpForo plugin for URL 301 redirection.

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

Topic starter
Posted by: Robert

Also don't foreget to remove _go2wpforo table from database before doing the second migration. But please don't delete it after migration, it used by Rdirect2wpForo plugin for URL 301 redirection.

Does this imply its ok to delete all bbPress tables after migration?  (since this is used for the redirect) ???

Yes you can remove bbPress after making sure all data is migrated correctly.

I just searched the forum for similar to my problem and seen this.

So is there no way to simply be able to move across maybe 5/6 topics that have been created since my last migration?

Will I lose all the other settings I have inputted when doing the migration fresh?

I'm currently moving from bbpress to wpforo, using a staging site to get my website how I want it (using a new theme also).

Chris Chris 27/10/2021 9:44 am

@jdgmedia,

If you're using Go2wpForo tool it will migrate all your content and if you're doing the migration second time it will duplicate the content you already have, also it won't delete any content when migrating.

More info about the tool: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/migrate-to-wpforo/  

jdgmedia 27/10/2021 7:34 pm
Posted by: @chris

@jdgmedia,

If you're using Go2wpForo tool it will migrate all your content and if you're doing the migration second time it will duplicate the content you already have, also it won't delete any content when migrating.

More info about the tool: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/migrate-to-wpforo/  

I have basically cloned my site and then done the migration. Now I've made edits, I can't clone my live site again. is there a way that I can clear just wpforo without impacting anything else?

Chris Chris 28/10/2021 9:29 am

@jdgmedia

Posted by: @jdgmedia

is there a way that I can clear just wpforo without impacting anything else?

what do you mean saying clean wpForo?