[Closed] Not receiving automatic reply/notification/confirmation emails
Hello, thank you for your work, this is very helpful for us. I would like you to help me to solve a problem, because I'm using your pluggin on my website and users are not receiving the reply/notification/confirmation emails when they subscribe in the forum, add a topic, reply or get replied. We have been that in the settings there is a tab called email, where we see that there are predefined data and available for using it, what I don't know is if we have to configure something to activate these features and get all automatic replies, confirmations as said before. Please, help us as soon as you can. We will appreciate your support. Thank you. Dianela.
All should work without any changes, you just need to translate emails if you don't use english. If email is not sent it means either:
- Before reporting this issue on support forums please make sure your server email sender works well. Make sure you got emails from your WordPress (on registration or on other cases...).
- Receiver is the same sender. Make sure the "From Email" (Forums > Settings > Email) is not the same subscriber email.
- If the "From Email" domain doesn't have website domain name (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org, but website is example.com) it may tracked as spam, you should check in spam box.
- Some hosting services, or some Antispam plugins try to cache emails and those are not being sent immediately. You should wait 1-30 min (e.g.: on some GoDaddy hosting plans you receive emails in 45 min).
- If you're using GMail Fetch services, go to Gmail Settings > Accounts and Import and click on "Check mail now" link to load all new comments from website email server.
- First email is the Subscription Confirmation Email, you should click on confirmation link and confirm your subscription to certain forum/topic. If you don't get Subscription confirmation email and don't confirm it you'll not get future comments. Sometimes the confirmation email go to spam-box and user don't check it. You should check in spam-box as well.
- Test it as real as possible. You should use new IP, new emails and new accounts. The best way to ask your friend to post a reply with Subscription and Subscription Confirmation. Then reply him.
- Make sure you don't reply to your topic or post.
In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.