[Closed] wpForo and Cache Plugins
Please exclude wpForo Forum page from your cache plugin!
Almost all cache plugins should have an option to exclude pages from caching process. You should exclude your forum home page from your cache plugin. This is very important.
- wpForo has built-in cache system. It does a very well cache for your forum so it doesn't need other cache plugins.
- All cache plugins can't cache wpForo forum page, because wpForo is not based on WordPress Custom Post Types and those plugins have no idea what they should cache and what not.
- The cache plugins kill all dynamic data of your forum page. These plugins cache the whole forum page and always display the same content. You'll not be able to see new topics and posts information. And all other information on forum page cannot be updated, because of cached/static forum page. You'll always see outdated and wrong information.
- Cache plugins even kill Login/Logout status of users. When you login the forum page is not updated, you still see [Login] button in menu instead of [Logout] menu. All buttons for authorized users are missing too.
Related topics: https://wpforo.com/community/?wpfin=tag&wpfs=cache
Cache Plugins - How to exclude your forum page
- WP Super Cache: There’s an easier way built into WP Super Cache. On the Advanced Tab, scroll down to Accepted Filenames & Rejected URIs, in the box for "Add here strings (not a filename) that forces a page not to be cached.” you can put: /community your forum page URL path is /community/.
- LiteSpeed Cache: Navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > Exclude Tab, find the "Do Not Cache URIs" option, and put your forum home page path, if it's community put /community/. Save it, delete all caches. The LiteSpeed Cache doc.
- SG Optimizer: Go to SG Optimizer > SuperCacher Settings Tab. Scroll down and put your forum base URL path in the Excluding URLs field. If it's community put community/* .
- WP Fastest Cache: Navigate to WP Fastest Cache > Exclude Tab, click the [Add new rule] button, choose the "Start with" option and put your forum base URL if it's /community/ put https://example.com/community/ and save it. Here is the documentation: https://www.wpfastestcache.com/features/exclude-page/
- W3 Total Cache: If you need to exclude specific pages from being cached while using W3 Total Cache you simply add/register the pages. Go to Performance > Page Cache, scroll to Advanced > Never cache the following pages option. If your forum page base URL is /community/ put /community* in the option textarea as a new line. More info...
In case you want to say thank you !)
We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.