Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] What happened to the "old pictures"?

12 Posts
4 Users
5 Reactions
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, its clear, and even understandable that, to these of us that have taken advantage of the PAID plugins, on this particular the "pictures one" (sorry I don't remember its name) that once we stop renewing said plugin, as its been for example my case - I wish my forum would have worked and I would have happily renewed all paid plugins but it has not been the case - I understand that said pictures disappeared on the nice format that they were showing up BUT I don't really understand that they have all pictures just disappeared in full. Furthermore, Im not even sure if said pictures are gone forever.... I meant, surely these pictures could be showing up in there even if not, of course, on the very nice way/gallery in which they were displayed before... do I make sense?

Otherwise this is like we, the ones that at anytime have bough from you a plugin, are now being somehow penalised as these people who NEVER bough the "picture plugin" not even once, they still got their pictures up or so I think

And I making my point clear? all my pictures on the different forums where they displayed gone forever?

thanks 🙂 

11 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Hi,

You probably mean "advanced attachments" plugin for wpForo.

First nothing is LOST. Everything is there, do not worry.

But that plugin doesn't work with wpForo2. It was stated clearly in Wpforo2 update instructions.

Probably you shouldn't have updated to wpForo2 and everything would work forever.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks mate

Probably I wouldnt had to as you say. To be honest, by now, I don't remember if self-updated itself or if, more likely, I got an update notification and I just proceed

I suppose there is no way I cant return to the old version, correct?

*NOTICE: (just in case it makes any differences)

- Yes you are right and it was that very plugin

- BUT the plugin was already due to renew and I was not going to, for the only reason being that my forum its generating not interactions at all

Yet so, it really looks bad without any pictures as its like... does not make sense for anyone arriving to it

What do you think- if any - is the best thing I could do?

Thanks Dimalifragis 🙂 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Self Update is the WORST "feature" that was introduced for Wordpress. Update automatically without a backup option. Utter c**p.

I have disable mine in wp-config.php

define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', false );

Well update the plugin obviously, the cost is very low. Going back to 1.9 of wpForo, for me, is not the best you can do.

Also if your Forums have little traffic, you must work on them. Get some vote (backlinks). The old slogan "built it, and they will come" it is not valid in 2022.

all the best

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Do you meant, that if I buy the plugin again, this will work with this new update, AND, do you know if this will automatically show my all the pictures that were on the forum before?

Thanks 🙂

Page 1 / 2