Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] What happened to the "old pictures"?

12 Posts
4 Users
5 Reactions
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Not the appropriate place here to talk about addons ... still ....

I believe that after updating your images will appear and nothing needs to be done.

But please @robert @chris verify this.

Also checking your forums, i see the Seo Framework used. That doesn't work right with wpForo2 anymore. You need to switch to something else. Check one topic and you will see that overwrites the wpForo SEO. Not good.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@jesus,

If you are using wpForo 2.x version then should update your addons to 3.x version that they could work normally and get support from wpForo and gVectors support team. Both support teams cannot give support when the user uses addons which version is not compatible with wpForo latest version.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Chris BUT, will they work FOR SURE even "recovering" the old pictures that are not longer there after the new update of WPForo?

I mean, I really don't have much use for my foro, its not having any movement but I would happily pay for at least the pictures add-on just to recover the images instead of showing in there empty posts but at the same time, I don't want to pay to find out later, if it will recover the pictures or not

I will also like to know - if I buy it after having happened a major WPForo update - when another year arrives (another year WITHOUT a major WPForum update) and I may not renew the new version addon, will I loose again the images on this case?, Or I will simply be unable to load new images but the "old" will be kept there?

Once again, its not for not paying, that's not the issue, but to pay for something for a forum (mine) which does not move at all... its also pointless if you know what I meant

Thanks 🙂

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@jesus,

I cannot be sure that the whole issue comes from the old version, as it can be part of it or it can fully fix the issue. But even if after updating wpForo and Addon to the last version doesn't solve the issue, the Support team would help you with that.

However, if you want to let the Forum how it is without new Updates which of course is your choice, you can use wpForo 1.9x version and use your Old addon 2.x version.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Chris. So, not to confuse you mixing many different things

Should I understand for your words, that, if I wanted, regardless of any other factor, I could come back to the "old forum" BEFORE THE UPDATE, even right now and everything will be totally as it was? Even if that costed me to lose two new comments... see how many LOL... that have taken place in the last several weeks after updating)

I just don't love to work in a "worthless forum" (mine, I don't mean WPF) but I hate even more having things "broken"

Again, its not a matter of "not expending money". Its a matter of, well yes, expending worthless money but what its even more importantly, expending many "worthless" hours of dedication

Thanks 🙂

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @jesus,

Please provide the Advanced Attachments addon version you are currently using. If the wpForo version is 2.x then you should use 3.x version of Davnced Attachments addon. Once you installed it, all images will be back. Currently, the addon should be deactivated atomically because of version incompatibility.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Robert. Thats the exact answer I was looking for. Not because others do not explain themselves properly, but because my English its not great enough to ask properly many times

YES Im (although yet so already expired), in 2.0 Attachments

And I wanted to know that, what you just said, that they will be automatically restored when I get the newer vertion

Thanks very much. And to you all guys 🙂

Page 2 / 2