Clear all

[Closed] Adapting multi language site

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@atahan)

Hello, 

I'm not sure if that has been asked or not. There were some questions about languages...

I have a multi-language site. (English, German, Turkish). When I change the language and go to wpForo's first page, I see that the strings are translated , such as "Topics", "Posts", "2 months ago" etc.

However, when I click on any link from wpForo, the language will set to the Default (english) and so is my website goes to english version. I see that translation works, just not when I'm using the Forum, rather on my first entrance to the Forum. 

Is there any way to fix this? (I'm using Polylang to translate website)

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

However, when I click on any link from wpForo, the language will set to the Default (english)

What do you mean? The content or the strings ("Topics", "Posts", "2 months ago")?

Have you tried to disable cache plugins?

1 Reply
(@atahan)

I uploaded a screenshot, which describes my problem. I hope it is clear now. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Could you please leave your forum URL? The structure of wpForo is not correct on the screenshot and I didn't get an answer what exactly become English.

1 Reply
(@atahan)

chordcollect.com

better check it on the site. turn the site into german. than go to forum page. than click something on the forum. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I think this is wpForo cache issue. wpForo caches forum and topic link URLs with /en/ path, when you change the language the link URLs stay with /en/ path and they return to English language once you click on them. They change whole website language. Try to disable Enable Object Cache. Navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page and set "No" Enable Object Cache option. Then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard, click on [Delete all caches] button, then delete website cache if you have a cache plugin and test it again.

We'll check and fix this issue in future releases.

1 Reply
(@atahan)

Hello Robert, 

thank you for your help. unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem. 

I'm using now free version of wpForo but as soon as I start earning from this project, I will buy premium features of wpForo to support you guys. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please try it with just released wpForo 1.4.0 version.