Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Advanced attachment add ons, attachment link only valid for logged in and spesific user

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@davidsukraman)

Dear all,

I would like to create a website with following features:

- Closed member (only administrator can add new member)

- One member have one group and only administrator can add new topic and also attach a file, member access is read only also have access to download the attachment (I found it on wpforo private group features)

My problem is when i try to copy the attachment link and paste it to another blank browser the attach file is possible to open and downloaded by non/without logged in.

I try to searching on google and found wpforo advanced attachment add ons. With advanced attachment add ons, it is possible to make the attachment link only can be opened by logged in member and also by specific member who only have the access for this private group only? because the attach file is confidential.

Thank you in Advance.

Best Regards,

DS 

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @davidsukraman

- Closed member (only administrator can add new member)

Just disable the user registration in WordPress and in wpForo:

• WordPress: Dashboard > Settings > General Tab, disable "Anyone can register" option
  • wpForo: Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab, disable "Enable User Registration" option

- One member have one group and only administrator can add new topic and also attach a file, member access is read only also have access to download the attachment (I found it on wpforo private group features)

Just read this and try to understand who the forum permissions work with usergroups in each forum individually: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

My problem is when i try to copy the attachment link and paste it to another blank browser the attach file is possible to open and downloaded by non/without logged in.

Yes, you can do the mentioned things with wpForo Advanced Attachments addon. For further questions related to any addon, please register and open a new topic in the Addons Support forum: https://gvectors.com/forum/

1 Reply
(@davidsukraman)

Dear @robert ,

Sorry for my late reply and thank you very much for your advice 😊