Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Bump feature or prefix feature.

10 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@lfmplayers)

Curious is there is a way to create a BUMP feature to refresh your topic back to the top of a given Forum.

Typically, once a comment is made within your topic, it goes to the top of the list - the option I speak of doesn't require that, just the author to click the 'bump' and refresh it manually back to the top.

The second prefix feature I speak of would be when your typing in a Topic title - there is a small dropdown you can select to say put 'SELLING' or 'BUYING' each with a different color than each other, then a person can type their title.

A website I have come across has these features in their forums. http://www.epicnpc.com  

Any insight on how one can duplicate those features into this forum plug in would be greatly welcome!

9 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

BUMP as a feature !! That is a first ....

Actually BUMP is prohibited in most forums i know for many valid reasons.

1 Reply
(@recardo03)

would be cool to have as a feature, assuming that the forum administrators could enable it for if they wanted it or specific to a subforum.

Topic starter
(@lfmplayers)

I can understand why it may be prohibited, such as necro'ing old threads from years ago, concidered 'spam',ect - but it also would depend on the nature of the forums. The one I set an example of is people selling or buying digital goods, and instead of filling the thread full of typed 'bump' or other such things to refresh it back to the top of the pile, the developers created a 'bump' button to avoid thread clutter.

Was just curious if feature and the prefix feature could be created to fit this forum template.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi!

Curious is there is a way to create a BUMP feature to refresh your topic back to the top of a given Forum.

I'm really sorry but we don't have plans for this yet. We'll take this under consideration. This looks like a topic refresher. It should be well controlled by admins and the permission for this action should be added in wpForo Forum Access and usergroup system. A simple bump button will always annoy forum admins.

The second prefix feature I speak of would be when your typing in a Topic title - there is a small dropdown you can select to say put 'SELLING' or 'BUYING' each with a different color than each other, then a person can type their title.

This is a good idea, we're going to add in wpForo to-do list for sure.

Topic starter
(@lfmplayers)

Great! Glad to see I sparked some creative juices to the power to be. Yes, topic refresher,or bump feature may annoy some admins, but if controlable for the admin to toggle on / off dependent on their type of forum - very useful.

For now, I will patiently wait for the prefix part. Hopefully 'Custom" field editable of course.

Page 1 / 2