[Closed] Few Questions about new members registrations

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, I got this questions (several) from sometime ago but I was waiting to have the forum finished in order to get into this:

As you know, or, as I think the "registration sign chain" work is: 1 - new member sings in, new member receive an email where the member change his password and confirm subscription, correct?

1 - In one ocassion, a member a invite in, signed (you as an admin can see this as you also receive an email).... BUT I was surprised the new member was not completing the registration process.

I, eventually send him an email asking him to check its email spam forlder just in case the confirmation email was in there and YES, he replay telling me was in his spam forder so he could finally complete its registration.

Question: Is there anywhere this should be said elsewhere in the registration process to aware any new member?. I mean, I suppose if it has happened once could happens other times, correct? What do you guys do with respect to this?

2 - There is something has happened to me twice already, not at the same time but at different days, and Im not sure even what to think or if I should do something about it or why could this be happening

Two other members (happened the same with both), registered, (I received the emails telling me this as admin) but neither of them complete the registration confirming it

Thinking myself that could have happened that they never received the email for them to confirm, I sent both an email once again telling them to check their "spam folder"... in neither of both case I received an answer back...

Anyway, in both case, again once at a time, both "new members" showed up on the forum front end page as LAST REGISTERED MEMBER but yet, the members acount number was not showing said new adition, like this new person was not accounting as a member

Said member(s) showed as last registered member for a couple of days until finally desappeared and the previous fully registered member was then showing up as "our last member"... BUT, days after, once again, the "other non-fully registered member showed up in "our last member" but again, not altering in anyway the accound number of the members count

This thing that Im relating, keep happening for several days, one day this person showed up as a last registered member, some other days desapeared.... but the number acount keep unaltered not adding said members

Ufffffff, I would imagine I have confuse you guys a lot 🤣 

Do anybody understand what I meant? Do anybody know why this happened? Happens twice already like I say and in a forum with only 17 members 🤣 🤣 🤣 lossing two its a real tragedy 🤣 

Thanks and I apologise knowing you have to be very clever to being able to understand what Im saying 🙂

2 Replies
(@roelof)
Eminent Member

I started recently a community with help of wpForo. What bothers me is the member count.

In the plugin itself (forum dashboard - members) tells me 61 members are registered. 7 of those are inactive for some reason. However the Forumstatistics tells me for several days the same info: 42 members and the ´newest member`is a fixed name. The number and the name will not change.

What´s on. Please give me some help about this.

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @roelof

I started recently a community with help of wpForo. What bothers me is the member count.

In the plugin itself (forum dashboard - members) tells me 61 members are registered. 7 of those are inactive for some reason. However the Forumstatistics tells me for several days the same info: 42 members and the ´newest member`is a fixed name. The number and the name will not change.

What´s on. Please give me some help about this.

It is better to start a new topic for your issues, you will get better response.

Inactive means not vefiried. Number differences can be due to caching.

Anyways start a new topic and post your url if you want.