Clear all

[Solved] im looking into installing this to my wordpress

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@lvlasked)
Estimable Member

hello all i use phpbb forum atm but im looking to move over to wpforo, what addons is there ? can you add on a live chatroom ? social media register/login ? i would just like an idea on this as atm phpbb have a lot of addons with i have added to the site over time and some members use most if not all of them now

i take it i can change over my database from phpbb to wpforo ?

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @lvlasked,

Thank you for your interest in wpForo. Please note that wpForo is a WordPress plugin, and you can use WordPress Chat and WordPress Social login plugins for wpForo too. So wpForo doesn't need to have all addons, because all addons are already available for WordPress and you can use them with wpForo too.

Β 

So if phpBB has N addons, wpForo has 100xN addons, which are the same WordPress addons. There are no any differences between WordPress and wpForo addons.

Β 

Topic starter
(@lvlasked)
Estimable Member

thank for you the fast reply I take it I just install a social login and it automatically logs you into wpforo ?Β  just new to the whole wordpress side of thingsΒ 

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@lvlasked,

Yes, that's it.

Topic starter
(@lvlasked)
Estimable Member

thank you again the addons i see you have to pay forΒ  them are they for life or yearly ?

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@lvlasked,

All our products subject to yearly license for future updates. However, you can continue to use your last version for lifetime but you'll not be able to get new versions updates. Once the license is expired it asks you for renewal, but it doesn't limit any function, you are able to use it without any function limitation.

More info here: https://gvectors.com/terms-and-conditions/

Topic starter
(@lvlasked)
Estimable Member

ok thank you very much that's good then πŸ™‚