Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Looking For Website Backup Plugin

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@baldwinjackson)

I have recently created an education website which include community forum as well. I have developed community forum using wpForo Forum and initially I have received 500 threads. Now I am planning to schedule regular backup of website to ensure that everything remain fine in case of any  security attack. I have seen couple of different wordpress backup plugins and little confused between those plugins. Can someone suggest me any plugins which can create backup of 1.2 GB size every week and must be free as well. 

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @baldwinjackson,

We use UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin here at wpForo Community. it works just fine.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Why use a plugin and not Cpanel backup ? Also doesn't your provider have a scheduled daily backup ?

(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin

does not require any knowledge, one click and that it. the good thing it also restores perfectly 🙂

requires some kind of a cloud storage like Dropbox.

I'm using the free version for 3 years.

as opposed to:

Why use a plugin and not Cpanel backup ?

the backup is not local' it is to a remote site.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: yossik

Why use a plugin and not Cpanel backup ?

the backup is not local' it is to a remote site.

So does Cpanel Backup, to a Remote FTP Server.Also you can download the backup. So you can either leave it on the hosting server, backup to a ftp remote server or download it to your pc (i do that).

Still, i get what you mean.