Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Member can put his answer as private...

8 Posts
2 Users
5 Reactions
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

As private for who?

I mean, if a member writes something and mark it as "private", what this exactly does?, who can or cant see the answer that member has written?

Thanks 🙂

Topic Tags
7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It makes the topic private. Private topics are only accessible for forum admins, moderators and for the user who has created that topic. More info, how to control private topic viewers: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/private-topic/#post-7774

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Robert 🙂

Let me understand this yet deeper please (nothing to do in how to manage it as per your link just yet, thanks)

So, if a member post a "private topic":

- will be only seen by him/her, moderators, and me as admin, correct?

*Just like some sort of "internal private messaging", correct?

- If said private topic has been created. The other members will see the "topic title" but will not be able to see its content, or will simply dont even see the topic title?

Thanks Robert 🙂

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @jesus

- will be only seen by him/her, moderators, and me as admin, correct?

*Just like some sort of "internal private messaging", correct?

Yes

Posted by: @jesus

- If said private topic has been created. The other members will see the "topic title" but will not be able to see its content, or will simply dont even see the topic title?

Nothing is available for others, even the title is private.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Robert, sorry for refloating this issue

So, if I as admin, open a topic and mark it as private, do this means that will be seen by every member but not for guests?

Thanks 🙂

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jesus ,

Please read my answer again, as I said the private topic is only available for the topic owner (creator) and for admins. If you are an admin, and you create a private topic, only you will be able to see that topic.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

If you only want to hide the topic for guests, then you should make private the forum or the sub-forum where the topic is created. Here is the guide how to create a private forum: https://gvectors.com/how-to-set-up-private-forum/

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Robert

cos I dont think it will be very fun a forum just for myself 🤣