Clear all

[Solved] Member Rating?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

This is probably a silly question, but I've looked in the documentation and searched the forum and can't find the answer.  And as someone on my forum asked me this I would like to respond.

What does the "Rating" that is listed on the subscriber profile page indicate, and how is it calculated? It seems to be measured on a base of 10, ie. "6/10" or "8/10".

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me!

2 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @dronebot-workshop,

wpForo has a simple yet powerful user reputation system. There are ten levels of User Ranks and it based on the number of posts.

For example, if the number of post: 

1. 250 or more post - the rating level is 5 -> "5/10"

2. 500 and more post - the rating level is 6 -> "6/10"

3. 2500 and more posts - the rating level is 9 -> "9/10"

4. 5000 and more posts - the rating level is 10 -> "10/10" and etc.

See the screenshot below: 

https://www.screencast.com/t/SUh0gxV6p

In case you want to change some user reputation, you can use the according option in the Dashboard > Edit User admin page. By default, all members get rating badges and titles based on the number of posts. However, using this option you can grant lower or higher rating to certain user (this user). The default member reputation badges, titles, and points can be managed in Forums > Settings > Members Tab.

More info about the Member Reputation you can find here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/members/member-reputation/

Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Hi Alvina

Thanks so much for the clarification. 

So essentially this is very similar to the members "level" and is only based upon the number of posts, correct?

And BTW, the page you linked to was the page I was originally looking at, however, it doesn't seem to mention anything about member "rating", so I'm glad you gave me this additional information.