Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Multiple Custom Badges/User Stats

13 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@thestephaniejns)

I am developing a forum-based site for a client and one of the main features they want is the ability to do multiple badges per user that are visible in the forum, showing the user's credibility (this is primarily for bloggers).

So for instance, mine might have my avatar and then my name, then have a badge that signifies my blog gets over 100k pageviews/month, a badge that signifies my Facebook followers are over 3k, and a badge that signifies my Pinterest followers are over 10k.

I've had very limited success in implementing this—currently I'm using a hybrid solution of the bbPress and Badgearoo plugins, but I'm not really happy with it as it seems rather clunky. Would this be a feature set you guys would be interested in implementing soon?

Ideal scenario would be for social urls to be present in the user settings screen and follower counts to be automatically pulled (badges toggled on/off depending on user preference or admin setting, whatever, and potentially admin-specified thresholds like 2k, 5k, 10k etc), maybe even integration with Google Analytics (that would be an advanced goal though)—but at minimum if multiple badges could be set/customized in the WP dash with custom variables as a starting point, that would be amazing.

Also, it's great you already have so many profile options in user settings, but could other social networks also be added like Instagram, Pinterest, maybe Snapchat? Even if they are toggleable in the WP dash so it doesn't get too overwhelming.

Thanks so much! Really hope to move my client to WP Foro as it seems WAY better than anything else I've tried for them, you all are doing an amazing job. 🙂

12 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Thank you thestephaniejns,

I'm sorry but this is not an easy task, you're asking for full-fledged user ranking / point-ing, multiple and multi-level badge system. As far as I see this is a really large project and can't be added quickly. We're currently working hard to make wpForo stable and I think we can't work on this feature yet. We'll add it in our to-do list for sure. I think we'll be able to work on this the middle of next month.

Topic starter
(@thestephaniejns)

Thanks, Martin!

I totally understand it's not an easy thing to do, just wondered if it could be included in the near future of the roadmap or if it was not on the radar really. Truly, for my sake anyway, I wouldn't really even need points, just a custom way to assign leveled badges (and several at a time). But of course you guys are welcome to develop however you think best for the general audience.

Thanks so much for the consideration, and greatly anticipating version 1.0.0! 🙂

Cheers!

Topic starter
(@thestephaniejns)

Another angle I'm working on for the time being to be able to go ahead and set my client up with wpForo (since I MUCH prefer the feature set of wpForo to bbPress)—if I can get Badgearoo to populate on wpForo forums the same as it does in bbPress (custom badges under name of user in each forum post), that would be a great interim solution, but I'm a little stuck as to how to do that. Is there a particular plugin file in wpForo I would insert code in to be able to integrate that? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Topic starter
(@thestephaniejns)

Here's the link for Badgearoo if that would be helpful at all - https://wordpress.org/plugins/badgearoo/

Alternatively, maybe it's something I would have to put code in a Badgearoo file rather than a wpForo file? In which case would you have any recommendations on that?

Thanks again!

Page 1 / 3