11 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
 cwjs
Topic starter
(@cwjs)
Trusted Member

Hi,

Any news on when the next update will be, I am waiting for guests to be able to reply/comment.

Thanks

Clive

10 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but the next update doesn't have this feature. The guest posting will be available a bit later. I have no ETA yet. But we're close to release the next version.

cwjs
Topic starter
(@cwjs)
Trusted Member

That's a real shame, it is important for me that the permissions work as they should, I shall wait for the new release but may have to look to move forums.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: cwjs

That's a real shame, it is important for me that the permissions work as they should, I shall wait for the new release but may have to look to move forums.

I'm sorry but dropping this excellent plugin because ... of guest posting ... seems absurd to me.

A forum is a community and guest and anon posting in forums is an open invitation for spam and other problems. And very anti-community.

cwjs
Topic starter
(@cwjs)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Anonymous20
Posted by: cwjs

I'm sorry but dropping this excellent plugin because ... of guest posting ... seems absurd to me.

A forum is a community and guest and anon posting in forums is an open invitation for spam and other problems. And very anti-community.

I agree, it is a great plugin, but my website is an information one, in general I would expect people to only want to write to it once or twice, so creating a membership is really a waste of time and from research I have done, just being able to leave a comment is what most people want. I am happy to moderate every comment / reply so it will not be showing spam as I do with a comment form. I have tried to think up a better way of presenting this site but I think a forum is the best way. Please look at the site and imagine you know of where a water fountain is, would you take the time and effort to create an account before you can comment or would you prefer to just comment, it seems most just leave the site.

Also under "forum accesses" there is a tick box for read only access to allow "Can post reply" which does not work, I think that is a bug that should be fixed.

https://wateratairports.com

Page 1 / 2