Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Next Update

11 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I checked your site and i must say the community page took a very long time to load.

Anyway, maybe afterall you don't need a forum for your needs.

good luck with your site !!!!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: cwjs

That's a real shame, it is important for me that the permissions work as they should, I shall wait for the new release but may have to look to move forums.

I'm really sorry the lack of this feature made you feel that way. I understand, that this may be an essential feature for your website. I'm sorry but we could not add the guest posting function in current version because of these two urgent requests from hundreds of forum users:

1. wpForo becomes popular and many large forums migrate to wpForo. We got a large number of requests to optimize core functions for forums with millions of posts. We had to made lots of changes in performance. The 1/3 of core has been changed and optimized.

2. Many forum users waiting for wpForo User Custom Fields addon to create a powerful profile system without additional profile plugins. We were working on this addon and changed the whole user profile system to make it fully dynamic. The designe is also changed. Now the user fields can be generated dynamically and managed using hooks or wpForo User  Custom Fields addon. 

So the upcoming version is made for maximum performance (large forums) and for creating powerful community with extended user profile functions. Also many bugs are fixed and many small features have been added (front-end moderation approve/unapprove, etc.. ) These are the main reason why most of planned features have been moved to one version later.

1 Reply
 cwjs
(@cwjs)

Trusted Member

Hi Robert,

I do understand why other things would be more important and you must prioritise your time for the benefit of the majority. As I said I really like the plugin and I am sure it will do well in the future, if I do decide to move I will keep looking back to see if I can return, but I feel for my website I really do need more freedom for guest users. I wrote programs/frontends in the 80's -90's mainly DbaseIII/IV, Pascal, Modula2 and Oracle so I do appreciate the time and effort you are putting into wpforo.

Regards

Clive

cwjs
Topic starter
(@cwjs)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Anonymous20

I checked your site and i must say the community page took a very long time to load.

Anyway, maybe afterall you don't need a forum for your needs.

good luck with your site !!!!

Thank you for looking, I find the community pages take a while to load but the https://wateratairports.com/about-us/ is very quick so I  tend to think the problem is loading the community, but cannot see anything wrong. You say I might not need a forum but I see the layout as the best way to present it, with a good way for people to interact.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please try to execute these SQLs in Hosting Service cPanlel > phpMyAdmin > WP Database > SQL tab:

ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_posts` ADD INDEX(`topicid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_posts` ADD INDEX(`forumid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_posts` ADD INDEX(`userid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_posts` ADD INDEX(`is_answer`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_topics` ADD INDEX(`forumid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_topics` ADD INDEX(`first_postid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_forums` ADD INDEX(`parentid`);

If the table prefix is not wp_ change it before executing.

Also make sure all caches are enabled in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

cwjs
Topic starter
(@cwjs)
Trusted Member
Posted by: Robert

Please try to execute these SQLs in Hosting Service cPanlel > phpMyAdmin > WP Database > SQL tab:

ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_posts` ADD INDEX(`topicid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_posts` ADD INDEX(`forumid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_posts` ADD INDEX(`userid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_posts` ADD INDEX(`is_answer`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_topics` ADD INDEX(`forumid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_topics` ADD INDEX(`first_postid`);
ALTER TABLE `wp_wpforo_forums` ADD INDEX(`parentid`);

If the table prefix is not wp_ change it before executing.

Also make sure all caches are enabled in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

Thanks Robert, I have tried that.

Page 2 / 2